"UConn's success envied around nation, especially in N.J." | The Boneyard

"UConn's success envied around nation, especially in N.J."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The article says UConn has a low academic profile and that Rutgers has better TV ratings. So, it's just another crappy article by an idiot.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The article says UConn has a low academic profile and that Rutgers has better TV ratings. So, it's just another crappy article by an idiot.
Saw that as well. An article like that does more harm than good. I was compelled to send Tara Sullivan a message letting her know the mistakes she made. I gave links to my sources. I know it doesn't do any good, but I feel better for doing it. Her quote was "UConn was ignored, its small television market, middling football program and low academic profile scaring away potential suitors." So the #30 Nielsen DMA is small and the #19 public school, 6 ahead of Rutgers, is a low academic profile. As always, thank you, please drive through.

Reaction Score
Fairfield 1st I applaud you. I won't bother reading that article now.

Reaction Score
Perhaps some Rutgers fans should write to the thoughtless writer.

Reaction Score
Perhaps some Rutgers fans should write to the thoughtless writer.
I think that paper should bankrupt and everyone lose their jobs...oh wait I can't say that I am not the AD at Rutgers! But I do think certain statements in the article need either to be retracted or data proving those statements...and the one who wrote and the one who edited this article should be stoned...I mean fired damn I wish I was the Rutgers AD, they should be moved to the dear abbey columns in Jersey!

Reaction Score
I agree that the facts are off on UConn. UConn and Rutgers academic rankings are close; but, Rutgers dies have that little blue bill called AAU. UConn has also done as good if not better on the football field that Rutgers in the Husky’s short D1 lifespan. The key advantage Jersey has is that it is one of the top football recruiting regions in the country, though Rutgers has shown historical ineptitude in turning that into advantage (Penn St, Syracuse [at least in the 90’s], Michigan, ND all say thank you). She also is viewing TV markets through the eyes of NYC, which is the granddaddy of them all, without realizing that Fairfield County falls into the NYC DMA (along with a lot of other people).

Nevertheless, her view point is that Rutgers’ administration, especially the Athletic Department is a freaking mess and is likely to embarrass Rutgers and NJ as a whole when they join the B1G in September. Can’t argue that. I also expect more stories like this all across Jersey and beyond (papers in Philly, Detroit [vested interest in the B1G], SI, etc. have already jumped in) in the upcoming months because Hermann has basically declared war on the press and the press will fight back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that paper should bankrupt and everyone lose their jobs...oh wait I can't say that I am not the AD at Rutgers! But I do think certain statements in the article need either to be retracted or data proving those statements...and the one who wrote and the one who edited this article should be stoned...I mean fired damn I wish I was the Rutgers AD, they should be moved to the dear abbey columns in Jersey!
Send an email to marketing/public relations. They may well choose to address it. Use this link then scroll down. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/school-bio/staff-directory.html

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Saw that as well. An article like that does more harm than good. I was compelled to send Tara Sullivan a message letting her know the mistakes she made. I gave links to my sources. I know it doesn't do any good, but I feel better for doing it. Her quote was "UConn was ignored, its small television market, middling football program and low academic profile scaring away potential suitors." So the #30 Nielsen DMA is small and the #19 public school, 6 ahead of Rutgers, is a low academic profile. As always, thank you, please drive through.
Guess they heard you, the link is down, showing "404 – Resource not found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01