UCONN's Success Clouds Big Ten's Pick | The Boneyard

UCONN's Success Clouds Big Ten's Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Reaction Score
Sorry, I just saw that this was already posted.

Reaction Score
Read this carefully - "With Connecticut’s win against Kentucky on Monday, the former Big East power has captured more men’s basketball national titles since 1999 (four) than the Big Ten has claimed in football and basketball combined since 1989. "

UCONN has more national championships in revenue sports than the entire BUG does back to 1989. That sums the blowhard conference as well as anything I've ever seen. Rich, yes, but a loser anytime the contest is about things other than who has the most money.

Reaction Score
MSNDfan said:
Read this carefully - "With Connecticut’s win against Kentucky on Monday, the former Big East power has captured more men’s basketball national titles since 1999 (four) than the Big Ten has claimed in football and basketball combined since 1989. "

UCONN has more national championships in revenue sports than the entire BUG does back to 1989. That sums the blowhard conference as well as anything I've ever seen. Rich, yes, but a loser anytime the contest is about things other than who has the most money.

Well, notre dame doesn't have even one title in those sports during this time period. So the same could certainly be said about the Irish.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Rich, coming from a Notre Dame fan.

Reaction Score
Rich, coming from a Notre Dame fan.

We're not an entire conference. And our conference mates, including UConn, have won. ND helps its fellows win, which is what a conference is for. The BUG just keeps on bragging about more money and TV exposure than anybody, while not winning. Unless women's volleyball and wrestling count in a B1G way.

Rutgers is the perfect addition for the BUG. Huge school that screams and shouts about how it deserves much more respect, how it is a Giant ready to own the world. But it keeps on floundering. Perfect marriage that will keep producing boastful mediocrity.

Reaction Score
We're not an entire conference. And our conference mates, including UConn, have won. ND helps its fellows win, which is what a conference is for. The BUG just keeps on bragging about more money and TV exposure than anybody, while not winning. Unless women's volleyball and wrestling count in a B1G way.

Rutgers is the perfect addition for the BUG. Huge school that screams and shouts about how it deserves much more respect, how it is a Giant ready to own the world. But it keeps on floundering. Perfect marriage that will keep producing boastful mediocrity.

Let's be clear. Notre Dame NEVER helped UConn with ANYTHING in basketball. You guys were along for the ride and cashed a few checks on our backs.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame is poison. You guys are evil.

Reaction Score
Let's be clear. Notre Dame NEVER helped UConn with ANYTHING in basketball. You guys were along for the ride and cashed a few checks on our backs.

Everybody in a conference helps the success of others. Duke does not win in basketball as it does as an island. It wins the way it does because of who it is within the ACC. The sum total is part and parcel of Duke being Duke.

The same with UConn basketball.

ND brings national attention even in basketball. People recruit to play against us even in basketball.

Reaction Score
BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Well, let's address matters starting with football. Is there any way the BE would have had bowl ties as good as it had without ND as part of the package? No. And that was a key part of keeping BE football as a power conference. It played a role in allowing UConn football to step up and make a go of it.

What were BE non-revenue sports like before ND joined and what did they become?

Don't confuse your dislike of ND and desire to see us lose with our value to others. Duke fans hate North Carolina as much as anybody hates ND. And that hate is necessary for both schools to be what they are. They make each other.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Really? You just described the ND fan base. Replace ready to own the world with return to glory and you have described yourself.

Does this ring a bell?

return+to+glory+1.jpg

Reaction Score
Really? You just described the ND fan base. Replace ready to own the world with return to glory and you have described yourself.

Does this ring a bell?

Ding Ding.... We have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member