UConn's Samuelson Has Healed; Geno Says She Has Matured As Sophomore Season Nears | The Boneyard

UConn's Samuelson Has Healed; Geno Says She Has Matured As Sophomore Season Nears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Auriemma said he saw Samuelson gain confidence throughout the season while managing those expectations. He compared her transition to college with that of Breanna Stewart four years ago.

"For players like Lou and Stewie, they're coming out of high school and they have that much hype, it's not easy," Auriemma said. "Especially at Connecticut. When you're playing great, yeah it's great. But when you're not playing well, it's no fun. It's no fun being Breanna Stewart or Katie Lou Samuelson when you're not playing well and you're at Connecticut. Everybody's eyes are on you and they want to know why.

"Nobody asked Napheesa [Collier] a lot why she wasn't playing great last year. But everybody wanted to know what's wrong with Katie Lou. But that's the world that you create when you are at that level."

UConn's Samuelson Has Healed; Geno Says She Has Matured As Sophomore Season Nears

Reaction Score
Nothing like putting a little extra pressure on a player by saying you're sympathetic to the pressure she feels to be compared to Stewie, and thereby comparing her to Stewie (which during the season he specifically denied: claimed she was more like Svet). It's a vote of confidence from Coach, who is saying that she is fully capable of handling it and excelling because of it.

Reaction Score
Nothing like putting a little extra pressure on a player by saying you're sympathetic to the pressure she feels to be compared to Stewie, and thereby comparing her to Stewie (which during the season he specifically denied: claimed she was more like Svet). It's a vote of confidence from Coach, who is saying that she is fully capable of handling it and excelling because of it.
Bags ---I tend to agree--KLS doesn't need more pressure. She is NOT Stewie---end that thought--She has the potential, the talent, the size, and skill set to be exceptional at Uconn. The comparison with Sveta was a fair one--and a pretty good player in her own right--I'd be pleased to be compared to Svetie (Sues name for her) if I were KLS.
Then there is the psychology major (Geno) pushing up her ego to think Coach believes Lou is in that class with Stewie.
Which one will work for Geno?? Going to another thread--it's been published that Gabby is the on and off court leader. Geno wants Lou to be a leader (I assume als0)--personally I'd like to see Lou lead by example.

Reaction Score
IF KSL could have KML's shooting and Stewie's interior post moves... a nice combo of the two she will not need to be either one.... and can be her own person and show UCONN fans something truly special. I just hope she has the supporting cast that Taurasi had in 03

HGN

Reaction Score
Bags , its also a little bit of Motivation from the coach. Letting the player know what kind of effort and expectations he is looking for.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bags , its also a little bit of Motivation from the coach. Letting the player know what kind of effort and expectations he is looking for.
With a shot at Collier as well. The man's a master.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom