UConn's Randy Edsall: 'We're Still Learning How To Win' (Mike Anthony) | The Boneyard

UConn's Randy Edsall: 'We're Still Learning How To Win' (Mike Anthony)

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
UConn's Randy Edsall: 'We're Still Learning How To Win'

UConn coach Randy Edsall sees improvement in his team, one that does not know how to win — because it hasn't.

"There's progress, there's not the wins," Edsall said Tuesday. "But I'm not so sure we've earned the right to win yet. That's something we're still learning to do."

I think this message jives with what coach said after the SMU game, that the opportunity to win was there but these young Huskies weren't able to seize that opportunity ... this will change soon. UConn will be more ready and more hungry than their opponents soon... maybe Friday night at home, motivated by the SMU game, playing Memphis in the cold? I think a big win will boost their confidence & completely change the tone for the rest of the season. Let's hope so, at least!

Reaction Score
Besides the collapse in the last 10 minutes, it was 2 or so awful miscues mainly on specials that screwed us. Team needs to learn to not lose before learning to win. Unfortunately they got really really really good at losing thanks to Colonel Cranberry.

Reaction Score
The way the offense is progressing, and if it continues on the content trajectory, we will be able to keep up with anyone offensively. If the defense can come up with a few stops, a bowl game is absolutely I'm the picture. But that's a big if

Reaction Score
We've really only had one good win since the Houston 2015 game, and that was against a bad Cincy team last year. We eeked out a couple wins against FCS teams (and UVA last year because of a missed chip shot FG at the end). Those games we always had a major offensive problem. Now we have a major defensive problem. At any rate, seems like we're always behind, either by a little or a lot, so when we're in the rare position to potentially win against a decent team (like last week after tying the score at 28), we don't know how to handle that situation.

This team has so many problems - team speed, skill, athleticism, inexperience, etc, whatever, but it starts with a change of attitude and a belief that they CAN be better than they are. Can't get deer in the headlights syndrome when the game is at crunch time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We've really only had one good win since the Houston 2015 game, and that was against a bad Cincy team last year. We eeked out a couple wins against FCS teams (and UVA last year because of a missed chip shot FG at the end). Those games we always had a major offensive problem. Now we have a major defensive problem. At any rate, seems like we're always behind, either by a little or a lot, so when we're in the rare position to potentially win against a decent team (like last week after tying the score at 28), we don't know how to handle that situation.

This team has so many problems - team speed, skill, athleticism, inexperience, etc, whatever, but it starts with a change of attitude and a belief that they CAN be better than they are. Can't get deer in the headlights syndrome when the game is at crunch time.
But we're young. They are learning and we look better each week. I had my doubts about going bowling this year.
My goals for the season was that we look competent and that the games stop being horrific to watch. Would like to see the D be more effective, but overall? Mission accomplished. I'm just going to watch the progress and enjoy the ride.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom