UConn's Randy Edsall Sees Improvement, Lack Of Consistency At Same Time | The Boneyard

UConn's Randy Edsall Sees Improvement, Lack Of Consistency At Same Time

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Almost overnight, the Huskies have developed one of the top passing teams in the nation, averaging of 329.8 yards a game, 12th among 130 FBS teams.
Sherriffs passing rating (182.33) is fourth in the nation. He is 73-of-106 for 1,165 yards, eight touchdowns and two interceptions with a completion percentage of 68.9.

:)

Reaction Score
Not bad for a guy who was getting trashed under Diaco's zombie O as incapable of being a D-1 level QB. Glad to see him enjoying success. He's taken a lot of abuse. Yes, I know he still is inaccurate and misses passes, but he appears to be doing something remarkably right.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Again, the coach sees what we all see and isn't afraid to say so. As ooposed to some crypitic BS, imagine that.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
>>Sherriffs passing rating (182.33) is fourth in the nation. He is 73-of-106 for 1,165 yards, eight touchdowns and two interceptions with a completion percentage of 68.9.

Seven players caught at least two passes Saturday, but none with more than five. The same thing had happened the week before against East Carolina. That led to Shirreffs setting career highs for passing yards in consecutive games, 406 against ECU and 408 against SMU. All this has happened even without UConn's best receiver, Hergy Mayala, who injured an ankle early in the ECU game and has been out since.

Who would have thought that Bryant would become our best QB in over a decade? I can't give him enough credit.. his selflessness, maturity, and leadership is exactly what we needed this year. No matter what happens the rest of the season, this young man will be one of my all-time favorite Huskies!

Reaction Score
Not bad for a guy who was getting trashed under Diaco's zombie O as incapable of being a D-1 level QB. Glad to see him enjoying success. He's taken a lot of abuse. Yes, I know he still is inaccurate and misses passes, but he appears to be doing something remarkably right.

He's completing 69% of his passes. What percentage does he have to complete before people understand that college QBs aren't supposed to be completing that high a percentage.

Reaction Score
Randy is right they need more balance and the defense is far down on the scale. Surprised to see Shirreffs in the video. would have rather seen Crocker. that is where the balance is off.

Reaction Score
He's completing 69% of his passes. What percentage does he have to complete before people understand that college QBs aren't supposed to be completing that high a percentage.
Agreed. The fact that he can get sacked 8 times and still connect under pressure is not bad IMO.

Reaction Score
I'd like Shirreffs stay with the program after graduation. He is mature beyond his years. He could have quit or pouted when Pindell came in but he was the perfect soldier. I'm sure even he is surprised it only took him 3 quarters to get his job back! I'd love to have him around to teach Pindell and the younger guys whatever he knows and more so, to teach them how to be pros. The kid is destined for success. Might as well coach for us.

Reaction Score
I'd like Shirreffs stay with the program after graduation. He is mature beyond his years. He could have quit or pouted when Pindell came in but he was the perfect soldier. I'm sure even he is surprised it only took him 3 quarters to get his job back! I'd love to have him around to teach Pindell and the younger guys whatever he knows and more so, to teach them how to be pros. The kid is destined for success. Might as well coach for us.

BS has coach written all over him.

Reaction Score
One could argue that if he could get a job coaching at UConn, his odds of making big money would be higher coaching than in business. It would be a big boost to get an FBS gig right out of school, no matter how small.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
And he's doing that while running for his life. He's not sitting in the pocket for eight to ten seconds, waiting for his junior and senior receivers to run around and get open.

Pretty remarkable.

Reaction Score
Almost overnight, the Huskies have developed one of the top passing teams in the nation, averaging of 329.8 yards a game, 12th among 130 FBS teams.
Sherriffs passing rating (182.33) is fourth in the nation. He is 73-of-106 for 1,165 yards, eight touchdowns and two interceptions with a completion percentage of 68.9.

What a surprise. Not really. If you emphasize being a passing team, you will probably do well at it. I've always said no reason you could be a passing team in Boise but not East Hartford.

I actually think Lashlee is pretty balanced in his approach. We've been playing catch up all year so we throw a lot out of necessity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What a surprise. Not really. If you emphasize being a passing team, you will probably do well at it.
I'm just spit balling here, but I doubt Red Pants could have pulled it off.

Reaction Score

Imagine if he didn't suck! His passer rating could be 200 and the defense would still be giving up a ton of points.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
These passing stats piss me off. What a career PP & BD wasted. I'm furious. This is only in 4 games imagine if we had 4 years. If UConn never recovers PP & BD should pay out of their own pockets, those thieves and Warde don't think we won't forget about you.

Reaction Score

I believe we are in the TDH nightmare. We can score points but can't stop the little sisters of the poor.

Reaction Score
You know, I watched Iowa v Mich State and those guys missed wide open long balls too. It happens. With UConn it may hurt more since they get fewer opportunities to win and we feel it more acutely. But it happens.

Reaction Score
I just find it absolutely hilarious how dead set all but a few of us were that Shirreffs was a terrible QB. I always thought it was pretty obvious he was at minimum, a QB we could win with. Must have sucked to have a baby, get married then lose his job. His attitude is remarkable. That was a lot of pressure for a kid his age.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I just find it absolutely hilarious how dead set all but a few of us were that Shirreffs was a terrible QB.

I wouldn't say that at all.

Yes, he caught a lot of shtuff around here (and still does from a select few), but in the Boneyard preseason starting QB poll, it was something like 55/35/10 for Pindell / Shirreffs / other.

Don't quote me on those numbers, but there were definitely more than just a few of us who thought he would be our leader...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom