UConn's Mamadou Diarra underwent surgery Monday to repair a torn meniscus... | The Boneyard

UConn's Mamadou Diarra underwent surgery Monday to repair a torn meniscus...

Reaction Score
Rather repair it than scrape it at his age. Can't really expect much from him

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
First off I hope he recovers very fast and I feel so bad for the kid.
But from the perspective of the team, this definitely doesn’t help. He was a prototype 4 man for hurley who would’ve been a beast defensively. This time out will only hurt himself this summer since he won’t gain the toughness and experience the rest of the guys are gaining.
If Rothstein is right, he could be ready to go anytime from mid November to mid January.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Get ready for 4 guard line ups. They are coming. We better gang rebound.

Reaction Score
First off I hope he recovers very fast and I feel so bad for the kid.
But from the perspective of the team, this definitely doesn’t help. He was a prototype 4 man for hurley who would’ve been a beast defensively. This time out will only hurt himself this summer since he won’t gain the toughness and experience the rest of the guys are gaining.
If Rothstein is right, he could be ready to go anytime from mid November to mid January.

I don't know. Even he comes back at the early end of the range he will be completely out of shape. He might be up to game speed by some time in January but my guess is we don't see him this season.

Reaction Score
This is really too bad. Such a bad break for this kid. I was expecting him to really develop under Hurley. But for the team, I think there are still enough options.

Reaction Score
We have Whaley, Cobb, Williams, and Yakwe, we are fine.

Not to mention that we can play Sid at the 3 and Polley at the 4 to give us more offensive firepower in the lineup.

PS: Starting lineup should be Jalen, CV, Sid, Polley, and Carlton

Bench: Rique, Adams, Yakwe, Cobb, Whaley,

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This leaves us Whaley, Yakwe, and Williams at the 4. If they go small, that adds in Polley and Wilson. While this is a bad break for Diarra- the others bring at least 15 fouls and at best- strong rebounding and defense.

Reaction Score
This stinks. Makes the Yakwe addition more important. Hurts but I think we can overcome this. Got to keep our guards healthy at all costs though.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ollie really knew how to find prime athletes.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
4-6 MONTHS??? For a meniscus? I thought 4-6 weeks was more likely than months, but i'm no ortho.

That really sucks for the kid, hoping he's back by winter break.

From what I gathered in 2016 (when I tore my meniscus while reffing an AAU tourney), I asked my PT guy about this since Derrick Rose had the 4-6 month one.

it's a different surgery for the same injury. I forget the technical details, but us "normies" dont' need that one because we don't put the same kind of stress on the knee as athletes (obviously).

BTW, also fun, supposedly it is typical for people who think they just have "creaky knees" to have a meniscus issue.

yeah, I ask weird questions like that while getting worked on. lol

Reaction Score
This is very bad, and will definately set us back a bit. However, I think Josh Carlton will benefit strongly. Hell eat up a lot of minutes and I think hell be our biggest frontcourt weapon. Along with Porkchop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom