Uconn's Jasmine? | The Boneyard

Uconn's Jasmine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Has Jasmine Lister caught on with a team in the WNBA? I haven't been able to find out very much.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Nope - got cut from LA - be an interesting hire at Vanderbilt as the young assistant on White's staff
seems reasonable, her experience at UConn is worth a lot

Reaction Score
Least we forget the work she put in on the Vandy court! They should be calling her like yesterday!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Least we forget the work she put in on the Vandy court! They should be calling her like yesterday!
If Jasmine is indeed going back to UCONN Vandy next call should be to her backcourt teammate Christina Foggie. Christina's qualifications: Top shelf human being, WNBA draftee in 2014, Graduate Assistant at St. Joe's.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
According to Brian Agler of the Sparks, she's going back to UConn as a coach.

I was looking around for NCAA rules on the total number of coaches allowed - couldn't find it -

I wonder if UCONN is presently under the max number (if such a number is in fact codified in the rules) or if another person who technically counts against the 'coach' total is leaving? I haven't heard about anyone leaving so I'll presume, and hope, that if Jas is coming back, it means we are under the max number at the moment.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I was looking around for NCAA rules on the total number of coaches allowed - couldn't find it -

I wonder if UCONN is presently under the max number (if such a number is in fact codified in the rules) or if another person who technically counts against the 'coach' total is leaving? I haven't heard about anyone leaving so I'll presume, and hope, that if Jas is coming back, it means we are under the max number at the moment.
I was thinking about that... who spot is she going to take. Director of Basketball Operations?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
bump

Does anyone know what the max # of coaches is, per NCAA rules, and what / how many current UCONN staff qualify as coaches, beyond the obvious (Geno, CD, Shea, Marisa)...?

TIA

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think you can only have four on the bench plus the trainer, but I am not sure there is any limit on the staff.
It is also possible that Jasmine is going for a PhD and will continue as a grad assistant.

Last edited:

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I think you can only have four on the bench plus the trainer, but I am not sure there is any limit on the staff.
It is also possible that Jasmine is going for a PhD and will continue as a grad assistant.
She can't be a grad assistant, that position is only for 2 years and she's exhausted that. I don't know what the staff limit is.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She can't be a grad assistant, that position is only for 2 years and she's exhausted that. I don't know what the staff limit is.

Thanks for clarifying that for us. Most of us did not know for sure, what the maximum time limits are on serving as a grad-assistant. One could surmise that if there were no time limits, a person could serve in that capacity indefinitely. If a head coach wants a particular person on staff regardless of NCAA limits, they can be called/labeled something other than "a coach".

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ms. Lister deserves special dispensation from any coaches limitations. And I never drool. I have a special assistant for that.

Reaction Score

Teams are limited to one head coach and three assistant coaches. They are the only ones who can recruit, provide instruction during practices, and coach during games. In addition teams may have a graduate assistant, undergraduate assistants, strength and conditioning coach, video coordinator, and a director of basketball operations. None of these can perform any coaching function. I am fairly sure that a graduate assistant can return for a third year if she earns a certain number of academic credits during the first two years.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Thanks for clarifying that for us. Most of us did not know for sure, what the maximum time limits are on serving as a grad-assistant. One could surmise that if there were no time limits, a person could serve in that capacity indefinitely. If a head coach wants a particular person on staff regardless of NCAA limits, they can be called/labeled something other than "a coach".
Somebody should do a takeoff on Wooden's book: They Don't Call Me Coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom