UConn's International Players! | The Boneyard

UConn's International Players!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Betcha Jose is still P.O.'d at Geno for signing Nika. She was one of his top recruits and was surprised that she signed with UConn. Who knows maybe Geno will get a few more since he's gotten two top European players over the past two years.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Betcha Jose is still P.O.'d at Geno for signing Nika. She was one of his top recruits and was surprised that she signed with UConn. Who knows maybe Geno will get a few more since he's gotten two top European players over the past two years.
I thought they both looked at Anna on that trip?

Reaction Score
It's amazing how well all three young women speak English. Nika is not only talented, but she's very intelligent, understanding that an injury can end your sports career, and you should have some other career to turn to.

Reaction Score
How many other international players played for UConn? Sveta and Nurse I'm sure about. I thought I heard someplace that Schumacher was from Canada. And I thought we had an Aussie commit, but I can't remember if she ever played for us. Any others?

Reaction Score
How many other international players played for UConn? Sveta and Nurse I'm sure about. I thought I heard someplace that Schumacher was from Canada. And I thought we had an Aussie commit, but I can't remember if she ever played for us. Any others?
Without looking it up, wasn't Schumacher from Alaska? Someone was from Alaska. However, either way, Schumacher did have good command of English...

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Without looking it up, wasn't Schumacher from Alaska? Someone was from Alaska. However, either way, Schumacher did have good command of English...
Kelly was an American born citizen (Ohio) that lived in Canada much of her life. Jessica Moore was from Alaska.

Reaction Score
Jessica Moore was from Alaska...

Reaction Score

The Aussie you're thinking of might be Jess Mccormack from New Zealand. She sat out her transfer year, but left to return home before her first playing year began.

Reaction Score
A little known fact, now that I looked it up, Nika and the 2Cellos guys (Croatian cellist duo), are from Zagreb, Croatia.
Mbr, I started listening to 2Cellos about a year ago. Their version of the "Trooper Overture" is unbelievable. Thanks for that info.

Reaction Score
In case you missed it, this is Nika Muhl. :)

Wow. Just watched the segment featuring Paige. I've got to say, I've never seen a high school player catch and shoot with such speed and accuracy. The more I see of her the more I have to ask why Geno would not start her.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It's amazing how well all three young women speak English. Nika is not only talented, but she's very intelligent, understanding that an injury can end your sports career, and you should have some other career to turn to.

English is Aaliyah’s first language.

I’m guessing the “bonjour” in the caption was a nod to Canada itself rather than to Aaliyah.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I thought they both looked at Anna on that trip?
Anna was already signed and at UConn when Nika committed. Jose was looking at Anna but that was the year prior. He's probably really P.O.'d at Geno for taking two in a row from him. Both Anna and Nika have younger sisters, I wonder if Jose is trying to get them to go to USF. He can use the pitch that we will be playing UConn annually so you can get to play AGAINST your sister.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
English is Aaliyah’s first language.

I’m guessing the “bonjour” in the caption was a nod to Canada itself rather than to Aaliyah.
Aaliyah is from the Canadian province of Ontario where English is the predominant language. The province of Quebec has a large population of Quebecois French speakers. So the order should perhaps have been hello/bonjour!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom