UConn's entire roster declares for the NBA draft | The Boneyard

UConn's entire roster declares for the NBA draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
joining 2,200 other prospects all pursuing their NBA dreams

I understand the new rules are great for the kids, they really are, but my gut tells me both the NBA and NCAA power brokers are going to tire of this process fairly quickly

They're going to tweak something, and it won't take very long either

A lot more work / stress being created for everybody but the players

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter how many players actually declare, they still need to be invited to the NBA combine to participate.

And honestly, the NBA has been scouting players all year long and already have a list of the players they are seriously considering, so it's not that great of a burden on them.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
And honestly, the NBA has been scouting players all year long and already have a list of the players they are seriously considering, so it's not that great of a burden on them.

This so much. The NBA people know who they are interested in. Barely effects them.

C

Chief00

Whenever you have a lot of activity with barely any consequence - it doesn't usually have a long life span.

It may also be a drag on late recruiting due to rooster uncertainty - how many guys do you have going for about 30 guarantee money slots? Then throw seniors and foreign players into the mix and the openings are even lower. A pretty silly exercise perhaps. If this works perfectly every underclass guy who actually stays in the draft will get drafted. If there still a lot of guys there at the end - it's not the solution.

Reaction Score
joining 2,200 other prospects all pursuing their NBA dreams

I understand the new rules are great for the kids, they really are, but my gut tells me both the NBA and NCAA power brokers are going to tire of this process fairly quickly

They're going to tweak something, and it won't take very long either

A lot more work / stress being created for everybody but the players
You forgot the link:

Linky

Reaction Score
Wow! So great to find out after the season ends that we have all of these future pros.

Reaction Score
Instead of being the NBA's minor leagues maybe we should try to make college basketball about college again. Require kids who go to college to stay 3 years. If they leave early, they are on the hook to repay their scholarship.

Reaction Score
I think college basketball should use the rules of baseball. Let the players who can go straight to the pros and if they decide college they should have to play 2 years minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom