UConn's defense | The Boneyard

UConn's defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our offensive sets are questionable to say the least but i'm not too worried because we average 80 points a game. The defense on the other hand is a real problem. Every single time we make a big 3 or have any kind of momentum we foul or give up an easy shot. Syracuse scored on 15/16 of their last possessions. We absolutely could not stop a very bad Temple either and on and on. We were good on defense last year with worse players. Is Tsam really that much of a loss? The players definitely competed last night I just don't get how we can be this bad on defense?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say we were good on defense last year.

And, despite the breakdowns we see too often on defense, this is the fifth straight opponent we have held to 40% or less from the field. Rebounding was the problem last night, which I guess is a part of defense, but for the most part I thought the defense was really good until about the 8-minute mark. I agree that the situational defense needs to improve.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say we were good on defense last year.

And, despite the breakdowns we see too often on defense, this is the fifth straight opponent we have held to 40% or less from the field. Rebounding was the problem last night, which I guess is a part of defense, but for the most part I thought the defense was really good until about the 8-minute mark. I agree that the situational defense needs to improve.
Pretty sure right up until that point, Memphis was shooting below 30% for the game.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure right up until that point, Memphis was shooting below 30% for the game.

Yup. Miller and Facey were extraordinary defensively for the most part, we just had no idea what to do with Goodwin (you really begin to miss Boatright in spots like that...Gibbs isn't in the same universe as a help defender).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom