UConn's dance card still isn't full | The Boneyard

UConn's dance card still isn't full

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Carl Adamec Oct 2, 2020 Updated 7 hrs ago

“We know we’re not going to play as many non-conference games as in the past because there are more conference games than in our previous conference,” Auriemma said on a Zoom call Thursday. “So that knocks out a couple. Then the late start knocks out a couple. Then each conference has its own deal about how many games they can play.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
By Carl Adamec Oct 2, 2020 Updated 7 hrs ago

“We know we’re not going to play as many non-conference games as in the past because there are more conference games than in our previous conference,” Auriemma said on a Zoom call Thursday. “So that knocks out a couple. Then the late start knocks out a couple. Then each conference has its own deal about how many games they can play.
It's more than a couple on both counts. UConn has played 16 conference games the past several years, so the switch to 20 displaces 4 nonconference games. And the shortened format limits teams to 23 total games plus a multi-team event (or 25 with no MTE), which in effect equates to an additional loss of 4 OOC games. The final balance, if my arithmetic holds up, is a decrease from 13 to 5 nonconference games.

As I questioned elsewhere, I'm not seeing how each of ND, Baylor, SC, and TN can stay on the schedule alongside a 20-game Big East season plus the two-game Mohegan event.

Reaction Score
I was very happy when I learned there would be a conference season and a tournament. It was going to be a squeeze to get in all the games in 2 months and now they are playing some conference games in December. If you throw in a multi-team tournament and exams that should fill the schedule.
I'm hoping ESPN can talk a bunch of elite teams to meet in a pseudo-bubble setting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom