UConn's Chris Dailey set to take her place in WBHOF | The Boneyard

UConn's Chris Dailey set to take her place in WBHOF

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
STORRS, Conn. -- Chris Dailey has watched her college coach at Rutgers University, the head coach she's worked with for 33 years at the University of Connecticut, and three former Huskies be inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.

DfQvCQzW4AUoQ1m.jpg

Now, it's her turn.

"Who would have ever thought I'd be looking forward to visiting Knoxville?" Dailey said with a laugh. UConn's associate head coach is among seven who will take their place in the WBHOF during Saturday's enshrinement ceremony in Knoxville, Tennessee, and will become UConn's fifth representative. Coach Geno Auriemma was inducted in 2006 and has been joined by players Rebecca Lobo (2010), Jennifer Rizzotti (2013), and Kara Wolters (2017).

Dailey is expecting about 50 family and friends including a contingent from UConn to be in attendance.

[Story]

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller

UConn greats weigh in on Chris Dailey’s legacy as she enters Hall

“It does get a little bit sideways when people latch onto something that somebody is really good at and Chris is always good at the things that have always been mentioned about how well she organizes what the kids do and that does get lost, the coaching aspect of it,” Auriemma said. “I saw some place where she wants to be a party planner in her next life. If I wanted a party planner, I could find plenty of those. The fact that she is able to connect with so many of these kids on the court, first in recruiting and then when they get here on the court to be able to work with them ... I watch her in practice and I watch her do individuals and after all of these years, her intensity level and her passion for teaching kids how to play basketball is just as great now as it was the very first day we worked with our kids 30-something years ago.

“I haven’t seen one thing that has changed, not one bit and it is no accident that a lot of those kids who are playing well in the pros spent a lot of time down her end of the court.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great read.

The consistency, just how she wants every single player to come out of UConn as not only a great basketball player but a great woman at the same time,” Charles said. “That’s the great thing about the University of Connecticut; it’s not only about the game of basketball but the game of life and having discipline, commitment, a respect level, accountability. These are all things that I use off the court and made me into the woman that I am. Christine Dailey has been huge to me. I don’t know where I’d be without her. I don’t know if I would have still been playing at the University of Connecticut (all four seasons) because you all knew how (the) first few years went, but she gave me confidence and allowed me to have patience. If I had class at 9 a.m., we were in the gym at 8 a.m. If we had practice at 3, I was shooting with her at 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom