UConn's Anna Makurat Living Her Mother's Dream - The Athletic | The Boneyard

UConn's Anna Makurat Living Her Mother's Dream - The Athletic

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I hate sharing articles that are behind paywalls, but I'm sure some of you subscribe...

"Anna, 19, hasn’t lived at home since she was 13 as she has played for different teams, but she was never more than six hours away. Before coming to UConn, she last played for Arka Gdynia in the Basket Liga Kobiet, Poland’s top women’s basketball league. With Ola, who’s 22, now at Utah after playing initially at Liberty, the family had an easier time with Anna’s process, and Auriemma’s visit was a special moment to close out the process.

“So my mom said when he visited us,” Makurat says, “it was like the same feeling our president or pope would come into our house, something like that.”"

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
From what I read and brief video's I have seen, let's hope there's a 3rd Makurat girl to come the States and be the 2nd to UConn. Has UConn ever had any sisters play for them?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
From what I read and brief video's I have seen, let's hope there's a 3rd Makurat girl to come the States and be the 2nd to UConn. Has UConn ever had any sisters play for them?

At the end of the article it says, "Agata is also excelling at the sport, having played for Poland in the 2019 FIBA U-16 women’s European championship. Anna had similarly represented the country in the 2017 U-20 women’s European championship and Ola played internationally for the Polish U-18 and U-20 teams. Anna says Agata is looking forward to playing in the United States, but with a different team. As Agata once told her Anna, she wants to beat her."

However, I'm pretty sure Agata would be a 2023 recruit, so she wouldn't have a chance to play against Anna in college. Maybe that will sway her decision to consider UConn...

They can play against each other in the W.

Reaction Score
At the end of the article it says, "Agata is also excelling at the sport, having played for Poland in the 2019 FIBA U-16 women’s European championship. Anna had similarly represented the country in the 2017 U-20 women’s European championship and Ola played internationally for the Polish U-18 and U-20 teams. Anna says Agata is looking forward to playing in the United States, but with a different team. As Agata once told her Anna, she wants to beat her."

However, I'm pretty sure Agata would be a 2023 recruit, so she wouldn't have a chance to play against Anna in college. Maybe that will sway her decision to consider UConn...

They can play against each other in the W.
If Agata is set on not playing for UConn, I just might mention her to J R Payne st Colorado. However, I think she might change her mind. But let’s keep watching her development. Is she really 2023, not 2022?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
If Agata is set on not playing for UConn, I just might mention her to J R Payne st Colorado. However, I think she might change her mind. But let’s keep watching her development. Is she really 2023, not 2022?

Yep, 2023.

Agata Makurat – 2023 – 6-1 – Small Forward – Poland – Long and lean on the wing…Agile and lithe in all of her movement…Lethal touch and range…Quick release is there…Tremendous awareness of options and defense…Instinctual player…Knows how to make herself an option…Gets out in transition…Young with more growth and filling out to come…Think “Samuelson”

I'm not surprised, really. Anna will be 20 at the end of March, so she's pretty old for a freshman by US standards, and Ola is 22 and a redshirt junior.

Reaction Score
I would like to see a mother-daughter play for Uconn...maybe a Lobo or a Wolter..
They may very well be on the team but are they UConn good? Anyone seen them play? Certainly not on the anyone’s radar yet

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom