UConn - Xavier 2 Keys To The Game (Preview Video) | The Boneyard

UConn - Xavier 2 Keys To The Game (Preview Video)

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Hey everyone, back with another preview video ( I apologize for missing the last 2 games - we had some family things going on).

This is a big opportunity for UConn to get the season back on track.

I rewatched the tape from the first game and found 2 key areas we need to improve to win the game.

1) Defense (duh). Specifically better help defense at the rim. Johnson could play valuable minutes for us tonight at the 4 spot. It might be an opportunity to try 2 bigs (Sanogo & DC).

2) Winning the first and last 4 minutes. We were outscored 20-7 in the first & last 4 in the first meeting and our shot selection out of the gate was part of the issue. We need to get off to a strong start and finish strong.

Also, I take a look a 2 things we didn't see from Xavier last time around that they could throw at us to cause a little confusion in our game plan...

Reaction Score
Overplaying on defense has been our Achilles heal. Our guards need to fight and work hard on preventing penatration

Reaction Score
I wish Samson had a couple more games underneath his belt going into this one. His help defense compared to Karaban's could be the X-factor in this one. He'll most likely need more game-action to get completely up to speed/his timing back though.

Hopefully, he surprises with the minutes he gets!

Reaction Score
Hey everyone, back with another preview video ( I apologize for missing the last 2 games - we had some family things going on).

This is a big opportunity for UConn to get the season back on track.

I rewatched the tape from the first game and found 2 key areas we need to improve to win the game.

1) Defense (duh). Specifically better help defense at the rim. Johnson could play valuable minutes for us tonight at the 4 spot. It might be an opportunity to try 2 bigs (Sanogo & DC).

2) Winning the first and last 4 minutes. We were outscored 20-7 in the first & last 4 in the first meeting and our shot selection out of the gate was part of the issue. We need to get off to a strong start and finish strong.

Also, I take a look a 2 things we didn't see from Xavier last time around that they could throw at us to cause a little confusion in our game plan...

This was absolutely prescient. Especially the first 4, last 4 part. - emphasis on the first 4. Tonight was almost an exact replay with the exception that we didn't get all of the offensive rebounds of those early missed 3's that we did in the first game.

Of course, tonight, X killed us with 3's (10-20) too.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yup. And in the video I said the weapon they didn’t breakout last time was the 3 ball. If this dummy (me) can figure this out, I don’t get why the staff couldn’t…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom