UConn WRs | The Boneyard

UConn WRs

Reaction Score
Fitzgerald is going to be a problem in the end zone for defenses. Ross, Drayton and Marion have proven they can make big plays at any time. Throw in Rosa and Dajon on top of our RB's that have shown they can catch out of the back field too, the passing game is going to go off this year.

Reaction Score
The other thread was closed on Dajon Harrison, but I thought I would chime in. I’m new here, and while I live in CT, I am originally from Texas and follow UT football closely. With regard to Dajon, you will get very little argument as to his athletic abilities, especially lower body explosiveness and short-area quickness.

As for why he’s no longer at Texas, it’s a few factors. He came in injured in 2020. He opted out of 2020. He fell behind on the development curve and Tom Herman‘s WR development was beyond poor. By the time he got to camp last year, he’d been recruited over and buried on the depth chart. Herman carried too many receivers as it was and Sarkisian wasn’t about to keep 14 WR. As of the spring game last month, he was at best fourth on the depth chart at slot receiver heading into the fall, including a 5-star incoming freshman. There was no real path to playing time in that WR room. From what little we saw in previous practice reports and the most recent spring game, the route running needs work and he’s had a case of the drops.

Almost immediately with his arrival on campus, the rumors began to fly about a move to make him a DB where he’d excelled in HS. I don’t know how real those were, and I never got the sense that the player himself wanted to make a switch.

I am not here to say anything negative about the kid; those in the know all wish him well. I see no reason why he can’t come around for UConn. A fresh start for him was for the best, but I would be really concerned that the QB play may limit the WRs anyway based on what I saw at the spring scrimmage.

Reaction Score
The other thread was closed on Dajon Harrison, but I thought I would chime in. I’m new here, and while I live in CT, I am originally from Texas and follow UT football closely. With regard to Dajon, you will get very little argument as to his athletic abilities, especially lower body explosiveness and short-area quickness.

As for why he’s no longer at Texas, it’s a few factors. He came in injured in 2020. He opted out of 2020. He fell behind on the development curve and Tom Herman‘s WR development was beyond poor. By the time he got to camp last year, he’d been recruited over and buried on the depth chart. Herman carried too many receivers as it was and Sarkisian wasn’t about to keep 14 WR. As of the spring game last month, he was at best fourth on the depth chart at slot receiver heading into the fall, including a 5-star incoming freshman. There was no real path to playing time in that WR room. From what little we saw in previous practice reports and the most recent spring game, the route running needs work and he’s had a case of the drops.

Almost immediately with his arrival on campus, the rumors began to fly about a move to make him a DB where he’d excelled in HS. I don’t know how real those were, and I never got the sense that the player himself wanted to make a switch.

I am not here to say anything negative about the kid; those in the know all wish him well. I see no reason why he can’t come around for UConn. A fresh start for him was for the best, but I would be really concerned that the QB play may limit the WRs anyway based on what I saw at the spring scrimmage.
Thanks for the inside info. I agree that WRs and RBs should be good and will be ready to go for game 1, but Oline and QBs will need more time to get into the flow of the offense.

Reaction Score
We need to keep cultivating for our team these next few years this way... find some fresh start gets that got overrecruited and barried on depth charts, but clearly should be playing somewhere at the FBS level legimately.... Hope Harrison pans out...

Reaction Score
We need to keep cultivating for our team these next few years this way... find some fresh start gets that got overrecruited and barried on depth charts, but clearly should be playing somewhere at the FBS level legimately.... Hope Harrison pans out...
They really should take a run at Marcus Washington who, if nothing else, was a great run blocker. He had some problems with drops, but he’s a high character-work ethic kid. A good program guy. He’s an outside receiver, mostly played at X.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
They really should take a run at Marcus Washington who, if nothing else, was a great run blocker. He had some problems with drops, but he’s a high character-work ethic kid. A good program guy. He’s an outside receiver, mostly played at X.

Going to Nebraska

Reaction Score

Not a big fan of WR with high drop rates. They suck the life out of an offense.

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of WR with high drop rates. They suck the life out of an offense.
Gotta have hands - especially when you're an upstart offense playing against as good or better defenses. Just run simple patterns, possess the ball, and rinse and repeat. Keep the other team's offense off of the field and win the field position battle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom