UConn Women's Insider: Replacing Big 3 Will Be Tough... | The Boneyard

UConn Women's Insider: Replacing Big 3 Will Be Tough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"UConn's nonconference schedule is challenging, with matchups against Baylor, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Maryland."
Uhm..
What about Florida State?
What about Texas?
What about South Carolina?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Replacing the Big 3 Will be Tough"

4416298-oh+really,+tell+me+more.jpg

Reaction Score
We all know that this season plays out on several levels:
1. How has the UConn coaching staff grown in handling adversity since the last time it faced this sort of challenge?
2. How do the players respond to what will be a dramatically different player culture with the departure of three fabulous senior leaders?
3. How does the team develop, knowing that: 1. the future is the present, in that this season has strong possibilities; but also 2. that it is developing into what might be a monster team the following season. Some who begin this season as starters, or even some who end the season as starters, might be top subs next season, depending on various configurations. There is tremendous flexibility in the program after this year, but the essential thing is to play this season as if it means everything.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"UConn's nonconference schedule is challenging, with matchups against Baylor, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Maryland."
Uhm..
What about Florida State?
What about Texas?
What about South Carolina?

Uhhh.....Them too!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I look forward to this season. UConn women basketball have the greatest coaches in the land, and with the talent they have on this team....all I can say is, teams are going to be in for a rule awakening. These Ladies are going to be a threat in more than one way.

Reaction Score

Nice article. Food for thought!

Uconn WiLL NOT be replacing Stewie, Tuck, Moriah---
So replacement will be easy--they have a whole new team.
Nothing like the one we've seen. Better--maybe. Worse, not on your life! Fun to watch, great kids, dedicated young women, giving it their all--who can ask for more. The pundits be damned--this IS--UConn WBB and always fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Uhhh.....Them too!

Geno believes if you don't challenge your NEW team they will never find out how good they are or can be by April.
Why play cup cakes--they teach you nothing about yourself.

Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo said during last year's wire-to-wire win over FSU that "it doesn't matter who's in the game," UConn will still play exactly the same way. She was referring to the way the Huskies comport themselves, to their style, to the way they approach the game--they play with an Idea. This was after the Big 3 had departed and the team was still looking sharp, looking as if it knew what it was doing even w/out its stars. No small thing being well-prepared and executing. I expect this year's version to look almost as polished, especially with the experience of the projected starters (Chong, Nurse, KLS, Collier, and Gabby).

Early in the FSU game as UConn was dismantling the Semis, Lobo commented that FSU "had a bad case of the Stewies." Now the Huskies will have to find someone else to inflict the pain. It may not be one player; more likely a team effort. Team is something UConn is very good at doing: none better.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo said during last year's wire-to-wire win over FSU that "it doesn't matter who's in the game," UConn will still play exactly the same way. She was referring to the way the Huskies comport themselves, to their style, to the way they approach the game--they play with an Idea. This was after the Big 3 had departed and the team was still looking sharp, looking as if it knew what it was doing even w/out its stars. No small thing being well-prepared and executing. I expect this year's version to look almost as polished, especially with the experience of the projected starters (Chong, Nurse, KLS, Collier, and Gabby).

Early in the FSU game as UConn was dismantling the Semis, Lobo commented that FSU "had a bad case of the Stewies." Now the Huskies will have to find someone else to inflict the pain. It may not be one player; more likely a team effort. Team is something UConn is very good at doing: none better.

I like that term. A lot of teams had a bad case of the Stewies last year, especially Syracuse. If you remember, they snubbed her and UConn's request for a home game for her last year. Getting that parting shot in on Quentin Hillsman (who obviously had the final say on hosting UConn or not), was poetic justice, I loved it. I've let the snub go, but I haven't forgotten it yet. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom