UConn Women's Hoops Practice Video - brief | The Boneyard

UConn Women's Hoops Practice Video - brief

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier: "Sometimes we look really good and sometimes you can tell we have stuff we have to work on."

In her first 3 years at UConn, Pheesa has largely let her play on the court do her talking for her, often deferring to her more loquacious teammates like Gabby, Kia & Lou when it came to speaking with the press.

This season it appears that we will be seeing and hearing a lot more from Pheesa off the court as she assumes the role of one of the senior leaders on the team. I for one am looking forward to this change. Pheesa is an extremely thoughtful and intelligent young lady, and like many who preceded her, she is a credit to UConn WBB.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In her first 3 years at UConn, Pheesa has largely let her play on the court do her talking for her, often deferring to her more loquacious teammates like Gabby, Kia & Lou when it came to speaking with the press.

This season it appears that we will be seeing and hearing a lot more from Pheesa off the court as she assumes the role of one of the senior leaders on the team. I for one am looking forward to this change. Pheesa is an extremely thoughtful and intelligent young lady, and like many who preceded her, she is a credit to UConn WBB.

Well @oldude Geno just a couple of days ago said Pheesa IS nonverbal and that is Pheesa. So I doubt we'll be "hearing a lot more from Pheesa."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well @oldude Geno just a couple of days ago said Pheesa IS nonverbal and that is Pheesa. So I doubt we'll be "hearing a lot more from Pheesa."
Not sure how Pheesa is going to get around all those microphones being held up in front of her by reporters asking questions if she continues to be nonverbal?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not sure how Pheesa is going to get around all those microphones being held up in front of her by reporters asking questions if she continues to be nonverbal?

Yeah, yeah, yeah: she's polite, intelligent and articulate when cornered! So maybe we can stick a reporter and a mike out there in the game to follow her around? :rolleyes:

PS. I like her last words: "When we are cohesive and we are all working together I don't think there is anyone who can beat us."

Reaction Score
There have been many games where Pheesa scored 20+ points and said very little. I'll be happy to take the 20+ points and 10+ rebounds.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ve said many times that Pheesa does not have to speak up to be considered a leader, as she certainly was when she took Megan under her wing for summer workouts. But just in the attached video, Pheesa displays a level of confidence and maturity that is somehow different than in prior years. I have to believe that hanging around with DT, Sue, Tina, Stewie & Tuck on USA b-ball has brought out the best in Pheesa both on and off the court.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I’ve said many times that Pheesa does not have to speak up to be considered a leader, as she certainly was when she took Megan under her wing for summer workouts. But just in the attached video, Pheesa displays a level of confidence and maturity that is somehow different than in prior years. I have to believe that hanging around with DT, Sue, Tina, Stewie & Tuck on USA b-ball has brought out the best in Pheesa both on and off the court.

Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers was of the same ilk. He was not vocal but his practice and play set the standard for the other players. When he did speak, the other players listened attentively. I believe the same is true of Napheesa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom