UCONN Women's Basketball Preview | The Boneyard

UCONN Women's Basketball Preview

Reaction Score
Season Preview Show on SNY, Thursday, 7:00
Thanks . My preview is: We are in the same pickle barrel as the last 2 years---NO BENCH.
Ania, Griffin are great and either may be the 5th starter. Even with Evina the pool of big game subs is minimal again. Evelyn needs time to become familiar with the team and Big time Div 1 play--I hope she can help Olivia. Ania and Griffin beyond scoring can rebound thats a plus.
All the pressure can't be put on Megan, CW, Danger ONO who beyond Ania, Griffin, Evelyn will step up and play up to Big time Div one requirements???

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Thanks . My preview is: We are in the same pickle barrel as the last 2 years---NO BENCH.
Ania, Griffin are great and either may be the 5th starter. Even with Evina the pool of big game subs is minimal again. Evelyn needs time to become familiar with the team and Big time Div 1 play--I hope she can help Olivia. Ania and Griffin beyond scoring can rebound thats a plus.
All the pressure can't be put on Megan, CW, Danger ONO who beyond Ania, Griffin, Evelyn will step up and play up to Big time Div one requirements???
I will go out on a limb and predict that both Molly and Kyla will get significant non-garbage-time minutes this year. Kyla's 3-point shot has been amazingly accurate in these two games, and Molly has been playing very well. She knows, without hesitation, where to be, when to shoot, and what pass to make, which was never true in the past.

Of course, in the unlikely event that Evina's appeal is successful, that will change this forecast substantially.

Reaction Score
I will go out on a limb and predict that both Molly and Kyla will get significant non-garbage-time minutes this year. Kyla's 3-point shot has been amazingly accurate in these two games, and Molly has been playing very well. She knows, without hesitation, where to be, when to shoot, and what pass to make, which was never true in the past.

Of course, in the unlikely event that Evina's appeal is successful, that will change this forecast substantially.
I like the limb you are on. I have for 3 plus years cheered these two. And walked far out on that limb for those 3 years. Uconn needs them. I'm sorry for you and me and Uconn but at this late date they won't change and Geno won't put them in --in big games--if he has any other choice. Geno wants players that he trusts under specific circumstances.
Still---I like your limb.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Molly will get more than token playing time. Besides coming off the bench early, she has played well. Also, I do not think Geno is very happy with CW at the moment. His assessment is that she has to learn how to play without the ball. I am sure Geno does not want any player to feel so complacent that they do not have a backup angling for more minutes.

Reaction Score
Anyone watching? First Maria interview of Geno. She's no Justine or Kerith.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Anyone watching? First Maria interview of Geno. She's no Justine or Kerith.

Unless I missed something, they did not put her on camera. Just a voice.

Reaction Score
Unless I missed something, they did not put her on camera. Just a voice.
Exactly. And Eric's replacement looks like he's just gonna let Meghan do all the talking and learn on the job.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Exactly. And Eric's replacement looks like he's just gonna let Meghan do all the talking and learn on the job.

That guy is so stiff. Oh well. Might as well get used to it.

Reaction Score

When you go deeper than 7 there is nearly always a dropoff. I doubt there is a team anywhere where #8 on the roster is ready to make a big contribution in a big game. It may happen in a game or 2 in the season but it's not something that can be counted on.
With so many underclassmen playing Irwin and Bent are going to have to play. I estimate that in non-elite contests those 2 and Adebayo need to play 50-60 minutes between them in order to keep the top 6 from wearing down. As you state Bent & Irwin know the system and can score some. I wouldn't be surprised to see Geno play some zone when both Irwin and Makurat are in.

Reaction Score
uconn appealed the westbrook waiver - any news on this... i assume if nothing today they would have to know something tomorrow, right?

Reaction Score
uconn appealed the westbrook waiver - any news on this... i assume if nothing today they would have to know something tomorrow, right?
Won't find out until next week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom