UConn women's basketball: Players, stats, records, historic moments from the Huskies' dynasty | The Boneyard

UConn women's basketball: Players, stats, records, historic moments from the Huskies' dynasty

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A brief trip down memory lane on a Sunday afternoon.

UConn women's basketball has won a record 11 national championships, including back-to-back titles in 2009-10, a three-peat from 2002-04 and four in a row from 2013-16. The Huskies have produced the national player of the year as many times as they have cut down the nets and they're led by arguably the greatest coach of all-time.

Here's everything you need to know about the UConn women's basketball dynasty, including season-by-season records, the school's all-time roster and breakdowns of every one of the Huskies' championships.

Reaction Score
I don't remember seeing a single listing of all players before. A few from the early days had no stats listed - did they never get any playing time? It is amazing how few averaged 10 pts or more for their career. The ones that did would have had productive freshman and sophomore years.

Reaction Score
Great post Carnac. Every once in awhile we forget players like Barbara Turner, Paige Sauer, Stacy (Boom Boom) Hansmeyer. and Mel Thomas and the truth is that we would not have had won-loss record that exists without them.

Reaction Score
Great post Carnac. Every once in awhile we forget players like Barbara Turner, Paige Sauer, Stacy (Boom Boom) Hansmeyer. and Mel Thomas and the truth is that we would not have had won-loss record that exists without them.
Boom boom? Was she a three year old needing to go potty? BAM BAM was Hansmeyer's nickname. The one I can not place is Jean Clark

Reaction Score
Bam Bam it was, but, as the nickname suggests, she did lower the boom (boom) on many an unwary opponent!

Reaction Score
I made a minake 01.
LOL... Noone makes a mistake about my Bam Bam... lol. I remember leaving a party on South Campus and going back to where I was and bumping into her... The good old days ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom