UConn women's basketball great Rebecca Lobo signs contract extension with ESPN | The Boneyard

UConn women's basketball great Rebecca Lobo signs contract extension with ESPN

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
It would be interesting to hear from some non-UConn fans who watch her...to see if any hear a UConn
bias in her commentary. I do not...but I suspect I would be eager to NOT find one due to being a fan of her on and off the court since her high school days.

Reaction Score
It would be interesting to hear from some non-UConn fans who watch her...to see if any hear a UConn
bias in her commentary. I do not...but I suspect I would be eager to NOT find one due to being a fan of her on and off the court since her high school days.
I'm a Louisville fan and have not noticed any bias in her commentary. She is my second-favorite color commentator in any sport. (Tony Romo on CBS NFL is number one.)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My favorite announcer of any sport. Intelligent and elegant.
Unfortunately this can't happen but I would love to listen to a UConn game with Gus Johnson (the Gus that did MBB games) doing play by play and Rebecca doing analysis.

Reaction Score
I think Rebecca goes out of the way to not show a bias to UCONN. In fact, I get that the people who work for the SEC Network are homers, but I find Peck and Lyle to be 10000000000x more homerish to the SEC on national broadcasts than Rebecca is to UCONN. Same goes for Antonelli, she is practically on Dawn's payroll, loves the ACC(especially Louisville and NC State). I mean, remember Debbie pushing the Dana Evans is NPOY in 2021? What? Dana Evans? LOL!

I could make a list a mile long of ESPn personalities that are more homerish to schools they didn't even go to than Rebecca is to UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom