UConn women's basketball: 5 storylines to watch ahead of offseason conditioning program | The Boneyard

UConn women's basketball: 5 storylines to watch ahead of offseason conditioning program

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It’s here! No, not the regular season. We’ve still got a ways to go before the curtains formally open on the 2021-22 campaign. We’re talking about the UConn women’s basketball team’s offseason conditioning program, which gets underway Tuesday.

The Huskies won’t have their full complement of players available, but that’s not a problem in this case. After all, it’s only June, and coach Geno Auriemma will still get a pretty good glimpse at a team many are projecting to be the best in the country. Here are five key storylines to follow as the Huskies return to the court in Storrs:

Reaction Score
It's also good to see that they won't have to be in pods going forward. I thought the chemistry between the team was good considering the situation last year. Being able to interact more as a team will be great especially with the freshman coming in.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the things I am most intrigued about will be the impact of Andrea Hudy, WBB’s new Director of Sports Performance. For the last few seasons, I’ve felt that UConn has lost its edge matching up with strong, physical teams like AZ, AR, MS St and others. Hudy is one of the foremost experts in sports science and strength training for basketball players.

There is a story about Hudy from her days as the strength and conditioning coach for both KU MBB & WBB. She would bring in the freshman each year to assess their strength level. As part of that assessment, Hudy would demonstrate how to do push-ups using only her thumbs. Needless to say, from that point on she had everyone’s attention.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom