OT: UConn Women Up 65-9 In Second Half | The Boneyard

OT: UConn Women Up 65-9 In Second Half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A 27-0 second half so far. Cincy had 6 yesterday that they didn't even really score (4 that we put in for them, 2 on the "goaltend"). We should tip one in for them just to get them to 11.

Edit: SMU three! With 7:41 left they get to double digits. 74-12

Reaction Score
Man. Really a bad thing for women's hoops. This will be on the sports shows and everybody will say, "what a joke WCBB is."
Really too bad.

Good thing I don't care about WCBB.

Reaction Score
Man. Really a bad thing for women's hoops. This will be on the sports shows and everybody will say, "what a joke WCBB is."
Really too bad.

One thing that's always been strange to me: people always bring up the lack of parity in wcbb (which there is) ... but these scores happen all the time in college football, and no one bats an eye.

Reaction Score
One thing that's always been strange to me: people always bring up the lack of parity in wcbb (which there is) ... but these scores happen all the time in college football, and no one bats an eye.

They do?

Reaction Score
Besides ND, who else was challenging them in the BE? I understand this conf is worse, but let's not act like they were in battles in the old conference either.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Besides ND, who else was challenging them in the BE? I understand this conf is worse, but let's not act like they were in battles in the old conference either.

Rutgers and Louisville for a period each over the last decade were competitive at least Rutgers was able to beat them a couple times.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When top ten teams get blown out by 30 and top five teams get blown out by 20, there isn't much competition. There is one program and a rotating group of 2-3 others that play contender to the throne occasionally stealing a game. Been that way forever in WBB, even before Geno. It's the main reason it sucks as a sport. You have to be some sort of weirdo to watch more than 3-4 games a season.

Reaction Score
Rutgers and Louisville for a period each over the last decade were competitive at least Rutgers was able to beat them a couple times.
Yea Rutgers was good for a period but I left them out because they fell off the map. I don't remember those hyped Louisville matchups the past few years being all that competitive, but I'll concede if there were some I missed since I don't follow the women's game as closely as the men.

Reaction Score
4in16 said:

We also lost to St Johns at home two years ago (they played a competitive non-league game 2 weeks ago, although we won by 15 or so). Here and there other schools have been decent. Georgetown almost knocked us off in the NCAAs before ND beat us in 2011. DePaul had a couple ranked teams. Villanova snuck up on us a couple times with their Princeton style offense. We didn't lose often, but teams could give us trouble so the league schedule wasn't a total yawner.

Last year, the AAC had Louisville, but this years league schedule is going to be one 40-point blowout after another. I think ECU might be the second best team in the league. Hopefully there won't be a 75-9 score again, but they probably will have 4 competitive games between now and April (South Carolina, and the last 3 rounds of the NCAAs).

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
^^They weren't necessarily close with Louisville but at least there was some kind of hype with lville not losing to anyone but ND And UConn. Rutgers like you said fell off when the Tennessee rivalry ended but in terms of BE vs AAC the former had a couple competitive teams compared to the latter which really has none. I don't follow women's hoops all that much, as a UConn fan I'll watch the big games if nothing else is on but yeah most games are just no fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The equivalent score in football would be 96 to 3. And no, that doesn't happen "all the time" in college football.

Reaction Score
Really too bad.

They beat Duke ,a top 3 team ,loaded with blue chipper's ,by 30.
ND faired no better.
When they are playing well they are in a league of their own
Womens basketball is better now than 15 years ago .other programs are getting top recruits , maybe,just maybe it's the coach.
WBB was ignored pretty much by the current AAC schools Conference USAc was never a destination ,the conference games will be awful But the Big East was awful and. Actually became the best conference.
Hopefully we are not here long enough to accomplish that goal.

Reaction Score
At SMU. UConn built a 47-9 halftime lead and have slowly pulled away from there.

The AAC is certainly not a good home for them.

This looks like just about any Big East score against a team not called ND or Louisville.

Reaction Score
"The girls played great today. Stellar D in the second half, I love watching these girls play! Its so much fun! SMU played their hearts out!"

-Women's board.
This is definitely more competitive than clubbing baby seals with axes!

Reaction Score
Durks07 said:
This is definitely more competitive than clubbing baby seals with axes!

Wouldn't that just be axing baby seals? Unless you used the butt end, but then you'd have to be careful with your hands.

Reaction Score
Over the last 5 years of the Big East, the women's teams routinely put 7-9 teams in the women's NCAA tournament, similar to the men's teams. The Big East was "The League" for College Basketball (men or women). Notre Dame & Louisville both played in Championship games, so it's not exactly like the UConn women were playing in a chop liver conference, like the AAC is now for them. Our women face similar challenges to that of our men, that of needing to play a difficult out of conference schedule to help strengthen their RPI, etc. They have definitely have played a difficult OOC schedule this season if you look at their schedule. They play #1 South Carolina next month. They are definitely a well oiled machine right now. I'd love a laugher like they do so often.

We just need to get out of the AAC... I'm ok with Cincy, Temple & Memphis but the rest, ugh! It will be interesting where SMU men's basketball goes. I don't think Larry Brown is sticking around that long.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Brown has a coach-in-waiting who's been a longtime asssistant at some big-name programs. I don't think their dive will be too steep.

Reaction Score
I don't think the conference really matters with them because they can just schedule the select few in the old Big East that gave them competitive games in the OOC. Aside from that, it boils down to beating teams by 60 rather than 40.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't that just be axing baby seals? Unless you used the butt end, but then you'd have to be careful with your hands.

I wasn't really thinking it out too much.

Reaction Score
I wasn't really thinking it out too much.

That's ok. Just remember we have three basic rules here.

1) Don't post links to smack talk on other messageboards
2) Don't speculate on transfers without a credible media source
3) Make sure you have proper verb-implement agreement in violent zoological imagery

There's might also be a rule about never playing cards with someone named after a city, but I may be confusing the Boneyard with Teen Wolf.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I love the summary on the SMU website:

DALLAS (SMU) - The SMU women's basketball team fell to No. 2 Connecticut, 87-28, on Sunday afternoon at Moody Coliseum.

SMU (4-11, 0-4 The American) was led by Morgan Bolton, who netted a team-high nine points. Kiara Perry chipped in with eight points and three assists, while Alicia Froling added six points and six rebounds.

Freshman Stephanie Collins, playing in her first career home game, recorded one rebound, one block and one assist in 18 minutes off the bench.

UConn (14-1, 4-0 The American) built a big lead early in the first half and would carry a 47-9 advantage into halftime. The Huskies shot 54 percent from the field, including a 47.6 percent clip from beyond the arc.

In the second half, the Mustangs heated up from three-point land, hitting a three-pointer on three consecutive possessions. Bolton hit three triples and Perry hit two, all in the second half.

The Huskies' Breanna Stewart led all scorers with 19 points, while Gabby Williams added 12 points and 16 rebounds. Moriah Jefferson also recorded a double-double for UConn with 11 points and 10 assists.

The Mustangs return to the road for a conference matchup with USF on Wednesday, Jan. 14, at 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT in Tampa, Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom