UConn women: New York's team | The Boneyard

UConn women: New York's team

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Today's New York Times lists the five articles in the paper's sports section that generated the most online views in the week from April 4 to April 10.

Topping the list was an article headlined "UConn Wins Women's NCAA Title."

"UConn Defeats Kentucky for Men's Title" was also on the top-five list.

Take that all you other wannabee schools that think you c0ntrol the New York market!

Beneath the list is a quote from Stef Dolson: "We know no one wants to see us win, so we're going to win anyway."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN hoops has shown that we are the premier program in all of college basketball. The women have won 4 out of the last 6 NC's (including 7 consecutive final 4's) and the men 2 of the last 4 (and have been to the final 4 3 of the last 6 years).

The key going forward will be to improve the Football program. That's the ticket into any new conference. Football also needs to work on grabbing more of the NY market. A lot of UCONN fans feel the Big 10 is a natural fit since between Maryland, Rutgers and UCONN, we likely would pretty much own the Northeast. Adding in PSU, you have all of New England plus New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Pretty great footprint IMHO...

To take it one step further, when you look at border states, Ohio borders Pennsylvania. Delaware has almost nothing of interest but Maryland is right below it. Now they just need to add someone from Virginia.

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I like the fact that the women's game actually generated the most rather than the men's game!

(Of course the nay sayers will say that just points to how strong the ND brand is!:eek:)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As a Uconn fan living in FL I would love nothing more than for the Huskies to join the SEC ... whoops, what am I saying!!! NEVER. :oops::cool:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
PAC12... Gotta learn to surf, baby!!!

Reaction Score
I had seen in another post in order to join the B1G we needed to have a certain program which UConn does not have.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan living in California, I'd love nothing more than for the Huskies to join the PAC12!
its gonna be too far for us to travel to the west for away games.... but we love you guys in california...

Reaction Score
no longer as they got the boot, but they were when they joined.
So why don't they get booted out of the B1G. They seem as hypocritical as the ACC!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What is AAU status?
Membership in the American Association of Universities.

People always downplay the academic arm of the B1G, but it is one of the few athletic conferences where the association of the schools goes deeper than just on the field. Corresponding to the B1G athletic conference is the "Committee on Institutional Cooperation", which consists of the current B1G schools, RU, Maryland and the University of Chicago (a former Big Ten school and member of the CIC since its inception). Apparently, UIC is a former "guest member" which ended a couple of years ago, and supposedly Johns Hopkins is going to apply, as they play in the B1G in lacrosse.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I'd like to see UConn join the ACC, or stay in the AAC.

But I'd like them to say far far far away from the B1G. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32