UConn women announce updated TV broadcast schedule | The Boneyard

UConn women announce updated TV broadcast schedule

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
New information on the upcoming schedule. All is as expected

UConn’s two January nonconference games (Jan. 7 at Baylor and Jan. 21 at Tennessee) will also be nationally televised on ESPN for the former and either ESPN or ESPN2 for the latter.

The Huskies’ next two games against ranked opponents DePaul (No. 18) and Baylor (No. 7) will tip at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., respectively.

Only four UConn games — Jan. 31 at DePaul, Feb. 8 vs. South Carolina, Feb. 10 vs. Seton Hall and March 1 vs. Marquette — do not yet have TV designations. FS1 or CBS Sports Network, which also have deals with the Big East to carry regular season games, are likely to pick those up.

UConn’s SNY ratings have been impressive so far, with games averaging a 5.50 household rating in the Hartford-New Haven market, tied for the second-best performance ever on the network through five games.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
New information on the upcoming schedule. All is as expected

UConn’s two January nonconference games (Jan. 7 at Baylor and Jan. 21 at Tennessee) will also be nationally televised on ESPN for the former and either ESPN or ESPN2 for the latter.

The Huskies’ next two games against ranked opponents DePaul (No. 18) and Baylor (No. 7) will tip at 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., respectively.

Only four UConn games — Jan. 31 at DePaul, Feb. 8 vs. South Carolina, Feb. 10 vs. Seton Hall and March 1 vs. Marquette — do not yet have TV designations. FS1 or CBS Sports Network, which also have deals with the Big East to carry regular season games, are likely to pick those up.

UConn’s SNY ratings have been impressive so far, with games averaging a 5.50 household rating in the Hartford-New Haven market, tied for the second-best performance ever on the network through five games.
Has anyone informed @cbraarj that the South Carolina game is most likely going to be carried by FS1 or CBS Sports? Don't want him to miss it because it's not on ESPN or ESPN2 like it has been since 2015. :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No games on Fox Sports? I thought that was the whole point of having a contract with the network?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
No games on Fox Sports? I thought that was the whole point of having a contract with the network?
FS1 is Fox Sports, they have two channels, FS1 and FS2, think of it like ESPN and ESPN2.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
FS1 is Fox Sports, they have two channels, FS1 and FS2, think of it like ESPN and ESPN2.

I worded that wrong. What I meant is why only two games across all the networks?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I worded that wrong. What I meant is why only two games across all the networks?
If I remember correctly SNY will be carrying the majority of UConn's Big East Schedule, the remainder will be carried by either Fox or CBS. I think Fox Sports will end up carrying both the South Carolina and DePaul games while CBS Sports will carry the Seton Hall and Marquette games.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Updated TV

Jan 31 game @ DePaul will be on Fox

South Carolina @ UConn on Feb 8 will be on FS1

Seton Hall @ UConn (Feb 10) and Marquette @ UConn (Mar 1) will be on CBSSN

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Of course, scheduling is subject to change.
Hopefully the great Gus Johnson will get to do the Fox Network and FS1 games!!!!!!

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
UCONN vs SC on FS1. ??? Disappointing

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UCONN vs SC on FS1. ??? Disappointing
Think of it like what ESPN is doing to the AAC, almost all of their games are on ESPN+ which forces you to buy a another tier for you to watch the AAC. Fox network is in every cable, satellite, and streaming basic package. To get to see this game you have to add the Fox Sports networks on top of your basic package. Like the saying goes "Follow the Money".

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Think of it like what ESPN is doing to the AAC, almost all of their games are on ESPN+ which forces you to buy a another tier for you to watch the AAC. Fox network is in every cable, satellite, and streaming basic package. To get to see this game you have to add the Fox Sports networks on top of your basic package.
Not the same at all. FS1 ≠ ESPN+.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What did you expect?

Would be Better id UConn vs SC would be FOX and UConn - DePaul would be FS1. I am guessing this is more a scheduling and conflict issue but still.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Would be Better id UConn vs SC would be FOX and UConn - DePaul would be FS1. I am guessing this is more a scheduling and conflict issue but still.

Difference is Sunday afternoon vs Monday evening. No regular season college game -- men's or women's -- is going to preempt Fox's prime time schedule. That's why Fox created FS1 and FS2. If the SC were on Sunday it would be on Fox.

Reaction Score
Would never dream of lecturing BY about “connectivity“ ...but it seems like we shouldn’t rock the boat by proposing, armchair configuring, or preferring complicated new broadcast paradigms ! The mojo gods will surely come first for me !

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Difference is Sunday afternoon vs Monday evening. No regular season college game -- men's or women's -- is going to preempt Fox's prime time schedule. That's why Fox created FS1 and FS2. If the SC were on Sunday it would be on Fox.
Ahhh. :oops::oops::oops:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Of course, scheduling is subject to change.
Hopefully the great Gus Johnson will get to do the Fox Network and FS1 games!!!!!!
That dude is the best! He could make reading the telephone directory sound exciting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom