UConn women’s soccer | The Boneyard

UConn women’s soccer

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Syracuse was picked to finish last in the ACC preseason poll. This week’s opponent — South Carolina - is ranked top 20 in the country.

Reaction Score
Syracuse was picked to finish last in the ACC preseason poll. This week’s opponent — South Carolina - is ranked top 20 in the country.

I was a bit more concerned with UConn women's soccer getting a tie on the road against Army in their opening game of the season than I was in UConn beating up on Syracuse. I didn't have the idea that Syracuse had a good team this season. Somehow I doubt the tie against Army, even if it was on the road, is much to be proud of.

Reaction Score
In the UConn women's soccer home opener, South Carolina wins 3-0. For the first 60 minutes or so, the game looked pretty even. After South Carolina got its first goal, they definitely looked like the better team. Still, for the first 60 minutes, UConn held its own against a top 5 team.

Reaction Score
In the UConn women's soccer home opener, South Carolina wins 3-0. For the first 60 minutes or so, the game looked pretty even. After South Carolina got its first goal, they definitely looked like the better team. Still, for the first 60 minutes, UConn held its own against a top 5 team.

Reaction Score
Last Sunday UConn women's soccer blasted UMass Lowell 5-0 in a home game. Today UConn women's soccer went on the road to Northeastern and dominated the game statistically and in time of ball possession, but ended up losing 1-0.

Reaction Score

UConn WSOC beat Creighton on the road 2-1

Athletic Director David Bennedict is passing along incorrect information here. Adyson Duran is not an addition from a UConn club team. Duran is one of the three injured Goalkeepers that he referenced, she is back from her injury. See the attached article that was written after the game against Central Connecticut that talks about the injured goalies:

<During warmups, starting goalie Kaitlyn Mahoney broke her wrist, which gave sophomore MaryKate Ward the start. UConn was already thin at the position with freshman Adyson Duran out with a hamstring injury, so Rodriguez knew they needed an emergency plan in case the worst-case scenario happened and Ward went down, too.>

Also, Adyson Duran is mentioned in this article on the UConn Athletics website about this season's incoming freshmen class that was posted this past spring:

<ADYSON DURAN
Goalkeeper | Momence, Ill. | Momence High School

Rodriguez on Duran: "Ady is a technically sound goalkeeper who has great movement and positioning. She has good timing on crosses and has a dominating presence in the air. We are excited to have Ady on campus and watch her development. She will be a great addition to our UConn goalkeeper union."

Why UConn: "I chose UConn because it felt like home, and it offers everything I ever could imagine as my dream school. Academically, UConn has an amazing kinesiology program and as an athlete, I felt a strong connection between the staff and players."

Before UConn: Played club for Eclipse Select SC … also played softball.>

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Athletic Director David Bennedict is passing along incorrect information here. Adyson Duran is not an addition from a UConn club team. Duran is one of the three injured Goalkeepers that he referenced, she is back from her injury. See the attached article that was written after the game against Central Connecticut that talks about the injured goalies:

<During warmups, starting goalie Kaitlyn Mahoney broke her wrist, which gave sophomore MaryKate Ward the start. UConn was already thin at the position with freshman Adyson Duran out with a hamstring injury, so Rodriguez knew they needed an emergency plan in case the worst-case scenario happened and Ward went down, too.>

Also, Adyson Duran is mentioned in this article on the UConn Athletics website about this season's incoming freshmen class that was posted this past spring:

<ADYSON DURAN
Goalkeeper | Momence, Ill. | Momence High School

Rodriguez on Duran: "Ady is a technically sound goalkeeper who has great movement and positioning. She has good timing on crosses and has a dominating presence in the air. We are excited to have Ady on campus and watch her development. She will be a great addition to our UConn goalkeeper union."

Why UConn: "I chose UConn because it felt like home, and it offers everything I ever could imagine as my dream school. Academically, UConn has an amazing kinesiology program and as an athlete, I felt a strong connection between the staff and players."

Before UConn: Played club for Eclipse Select SC … also played softball.>
And we are surprised that AD David Benedict misspeaks just to appear in the know most of the time?

Reaction Score

In the Big East preseason poll, UConn was picked to finish No. 6, and Creighton No. 7 in the standings. Still, a conference road win for this team is definitely a good thing.

Reaction Score

The top six teams in the standings make the Big East women's soccer tournament. As mentioned in this article, UConn is currently tied for 6th in the standings with Marquette, a team that UConn beat recently.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn took care of business last night against Seton Hall and got enough help in other matches to make the tournament as the #6 seed, Will play St John's (#3) on Sunday in NY.

Reaction Score
UConn took care of business last night against Seton Hall and got enough help in other matches to make the tournament as the #6 seed, Will play St John's (#3) on Sunday in NY.

During the regular season UConn lost to St. John's on the road 1-0. That game was back in late September, so hopefully an added month of experience will help the Huskies out.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
During the regular season UConn lost to St. John's on the road 1-0. That game was back in late September, so hopefully an added month of experience will help the Huskies out.
This team has been shut-out 8 times this season, including losing 4 matches 1-0 (vs St John's and top 2 seeds Georgetown and Xavier) . A hat trick last night for freshman Okafor so hopefully they're finding some offense late in the season.

Reaction Score
This team has been shut-out 8 times this season, including losing 4 matches 1-0 (vs St John's and top 2 seeds Georgetown and Xavier) . A hat trick last night for freshman Okafor so hopefully they're finding some offense late in the season.

Hopefully that is the case, that they are finding offense late in the season. However, sometimes it is easy to find offense against the worst team in the conference, Seton Hall did finish the season in last place in the Big East with only one win.

Reaction Score
Hopefully that is the case, that they are finding offense late in the season. However, sometimes it is easy to find offense against the worst team in the conference, Seton Hall did finish the season in last place in the Big East with only one win.

UConn plays at St. John's in the first round of the Big East Tournament today. It will be interesting to see how the offense does today. UConn scored 7 goals against DePaul and Seton Hall, the two teams at the bottom of the Big East standings this season. Against the rest of the conference, UConn had a total of 4 goals in 8 other games this season. Hopefully, the UConn offense is starting to wake up, and not just taking advantage of playing poor teams.

Reaction Score
UConn women's soccer season ended today. Game was a 1-1 tie, St. John's advances by winning the penalty kick shootout after 2 scoreless overtime periods.

Reaction Score
A federal appeals court Wednesday reinstated the appeal of a former University of Connecticut women's soccer player who lost her scholarship after she gave the middle finger to a television camera as the Huskies celebrated winning a 2014 conference championship.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
A federal appeals court Wednesday reinstated the appeal of a former University of Connecticut women's soccer player who lost her scholarship after she gave the middle finger to a television camera as the Huskies celebrated winning a 2014 conference championship.
Always thought that was a ridiculous punishment

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom