UConn women’s basketball vs. Duke: Time, TV and what you need to know | The Boneyard

UConn women’s basketball vs. Duke: Time, TV and what you need to know

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Maggie Vanoni
Updated: Nov. 25, 2022 10:47 a.m.

PORTLAND, Ore. — The Huskies’ first road trip of the season has taken them across the country to Oregon, the birthplace of all things Nike. UConn women’s basketball will spend Thanksgiving weekend competing in the Phil Knight Legacy tournament — an event held annually since 2017 to honor Nike’s co-founder, Knight, and what the brand has done for basketball.

No. 3-ranked UConn is one of four women’s basketball teams to compete in the Phil Knight Legacy tournament along with Duke, Oregon State and No. 9 Iowa. Also happening simultaneously this weekend in Portland is the Phil Knight Invitational tournament (which the UConn men are playing in) which features a women’s bracket of No. 8 North Carolina, No. 5 Iowa State, No. 18 Oregon and Michigan State.

The Huskies enter the tournament after moving up two spots in the latest AP Top 25 Poll following their wins over then-No. 3 Texas and then No. 10 NC State last week. While they’ll remain without Dorka Juhász for at least the next two games, the Huskies have proven they still have what it takes to dismantle offenses and score at will (Azzi Fudd was named the Big East Player of the Week on Monday after scoring 32 points in back-to-back games last week).

Reaction Score
In my view Kara Lawson was an above average announcer. One of my fondest memories was in 2018 Baylor came out to Arizona for the rumble on the rez to support indigenous people day

It was a cold windy day in November in Window Rock and CTT had the Devils leading Baylor midway the second quarter. Of course we know how that game ended.

At halftime Kim and CTT were presented ceremonial Navajo robes. Of course the intricate designs and colors looked very much a part of Kim's regular wardrobe. CTT wore her robe the entire second half.

The game was televised on ESPN and announced by Kara and Rebecca with Holly Rowe on sidelines. I had a chance to see those three up close during and after the game and it'll always be one of my fondest WBB memories.

Rebecca and Holly were dressed to the nines. Kara had on sweats as the challenge of getting the Window Rock proved difficult and she arrived if I recall correctly 15 minutes before the tip.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
1669396691765.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I stopped in to watch the DePaul v Maryland game in the Fort Myers Tip Off and I would be surprised if there are 200 fans in attendance. I am guessing/hoping that the UConn v Duke attendance will be significantly greater.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I believe that the limited game time is a direct result of Caroline's limited practice time. As I have posted in other Caroline related posts, it appears that she is wearing kinesio tape on the back of her neck. I would believe that once she no longer requires the tape, or possibly gets adjusted to it, then hopefully her on court times will increase.
Hopefully.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
On the ESPN grid of upcoming games today, it has the UConn/Duke women's game on ESPN2 [Link]

Reaction Score
I stopped in to watch the DePaul v Maryland game in the Fort Myers Tip Off and I would be surprised if there are 200 fans in attendance. I am guessing/hoping that the UConn v Duke attendance will be significantly greater.
I was thinking of going as well but have got a nagging cold so soup and rest for the big game later today. I live in Babcock Ranch short distance from Fort Meyers.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I'm unable to read the article in the OP but on the Hulu Live Guide, the UConn game today is on ESPN2. At 6PM on ESPNU, the Oregon State v Florida MBB is scheduled.
So I don't understand your question.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The attendance figure in the box score is 325. Hmm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom