UConn women’s basketball: Best games, storylines of stacked nonconference schedule | The Boneyard

UConn women’s basketball: Best games, storylines of stacked nonconference schedule

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Lila Bromberg Hartford Courant Oct 26, 2022

As the end of October nears, so too does the start of the 2022-23 season for UConn women’s basketball. The No. 6 Huskies will play at least eight teams in the preseason Associated Press Top 25 poll: No. 1 South Carolina, No. 3 Texas, No. 5 Tennessee, No. 9 Notre Dame, No. 10 NC State, No. 17 Maryland, No. 21 Creighton and No. 24 Princeton. All but one of those matchups come in the nonconference portion of UConn’s schedule, which kicks off against Northeastern on Nov. 10 at Gampel Pavilion. Here are some storylines to follow for this portion of the season.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
"Clark was a unanimous selection for the Associated Press preseason All-America team released Tuesday. She led the country in scoring (27 ppg) and assists (8 apg) to power a Hawkeyes’ offense that was second in the nation (84.2 ppg) last season. Defense was a big issue though, which UConn should look to take advantage of if the first ever meeting between the two programs comes to fruition."

I guess Lila missed the 2021 tournament where UConn beat Iowa by 20 in the sweet 16.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"Clark was a unanimous selection for the Associated Press preseason All-America team released Tuesday. She led the country in scoring (27 ppg) and assists (8 apg) to power a Hawkeyes’ offense that was second in the nation (84.2 ppg) last season. Defense was a big issue though, which UConn should look to take advantage of if the first ever meeting between the two programs comes to fruition."

I guess Lila missed the 2021 tournament where UConn beat Iowa by 20 in the sweet 16.
That seems like an egregious mistake by Ms Bromberg. So I did a quick check on her background. She is an award winning sports journalist who graduated from the University of MD, and has worked for various news outlets such as SI, USA Today & the KC Star covering college sports.

She covered U of MD for several years and most recently the U of Missouri for the KC Star. She only arrived at the Hartford Courant this spring to cover the UConn beat. So I’ll give her a pass for an otherwise well-written article that overlooks that great Sweet 16 game between Iowa & UConn two years ago. I expect (hope) that she will figure things out.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
That seems like an egregious mistake by Ms Bromberg. So I did a quick check on her background. She is an award winning sports journalist who graduated from the University of MD, and has worked for various news outlets such as SI, USA Today & the KC Star covering college sports.

She covered U of MD for several years and most recently the U of Missouri for the KC Star. She only arrived at the Hartford Courant this spring to cover the UConn beat. So I’ll give her a pass for an otherwise well-written article that overlooks that great Sweet 16 game between Iowa & UConn two years ago. I expect (hope) that she will figure things out.
I've actually been impressed by her coverage so far, but that error and a few silly typos raised an eyebrow for me this morning.

Hope everything is good with her and she just had an off writing day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom