UConn women’s 2020-2021 basketball opponent preview: The contenders | The Boneyard

UConn women’s 2020-2021 basketball opponent preview: The contenders

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Megan Gauer@megangauer Nov 12, 2020, 10:57am EST

Louisville, Baylor and South Carolina look to be the Huskies’ biggest challengers.

Despite the shift to the Big East, the best teams on UConn women’s basketball’s 2020-21 schedule is still highlighted by their non-conference slate. The Huskies are set to face three top-10 opponents in Louisville, Baylor and South Carolina —- and will likely add a fourth with Mississippi State if both teams’ first games go as planned during the opening weekend of the season.

Reaction Score
By Megan Gauer@megangauer Nov 12, 2020, 10:57am EST

Louisville, Baylor and South Carolina look to be the Huskies’ biggest challengers.

Despite the shift to the Big East, the best teams on UConn women’s basketball’s 2020-21 schedule is still highlighted by their non-conference slate. The Huskies are set to face three top-10 opponents in Louisville, Baylor and South Carolina —- and will likely add a fourth with Mississippi State if both teams’ first games go as planned during the opening weekend of the season.

I didn't see SC's Boston play that much last year. Is she a fast runner with good endurance? If not, then who backs her up, and will Uconn's speed and depth take her/SC out in a match-up?

Carnac

Reaction Score
I didn't see SC's Boston play that much last year. Is she a fast runner with good endurance? If not, then who backs her up, and will Uconn's speed and depth take her/SC out in a match-up?

Here's a replay of the UConn/South Carolina game from last year. When you have the time, check it out. You can then judge for yourself. Like all sophomores, Boston has matured a bit, improved her shot over the summer, spent time in the weight room, and she says she's worked on her conditioning and changed her eating habits.

She says she'll be more aggressive this coming year. South Carolina opens the season as the #1 team in the country. They are rated #1 for a reason. The Gamecocks visit Gampel Pavilion on Feb 8. A lot of questions about both teams will be answered that night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's a replay of the UConn/South Carolina game from last year. When you have the time, check it out. You can then judge for yourself. Like all sophomores, Boston has matured a bit, improved her shot over the summer, spent time in the weight room, and she says she's worked on her conditioning and changed her eating habits.

She says she'll be more aggressive this coming year. South Carolina opens the season as the #1 team in the country. They are rated #1 for a reason. The Gamecocks visit Gampel Pavilion on Feb 8. A lot of questions about both teams will be answered that night.
Thanks. I skimmed through the game, and the pain came back. There was a lot of half court play, understandably, but she was plenty fast enough late in the game, and she certainly controlled the lane. Yes, the Feb. 8, game will tell us much. Let's hope that there will be a game.

Reaction Score
She's plenty good.

Reaction Score
Recall (painfully) that the Huskies lost each game against highly ranked opponents last season. Even worse, they were not as competitive as we have come to expect. To regain their stature, UConn really needs to compete in every "big" game and win its share. The team needs to believe it can win them all--really believe, and not be satisfied in any way if they lose.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks. I skimmed through the game, and the pain came back. There was a lot of half court play, understandably, but she was plenty fast enough late in the game, and she certainly controlled the lane. Yes, the Feb. 8, game will tell us much. Let's hope that there will be a game.

I've NEVER watched a re-play of a game UConn lost. I saw it the first time, and as you say, the pain comes back. I don't need to relive and experience the misery of that loss a second time. Once is enough. :(

Here's another one:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom