UCONN wins AAC Baseball tournament | The Boneyard

UCONN wins AAC Baseball tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
go Huskies

the year with Springer & Co was pretty special, too bad they had to match up against the best team in the nation in their house, maybe could of made some noise

Reaction Score
Is there a more consistent baseball program in the northeast? I am a casual fan and never hear of anyone else having the success UConn baseball has

Reaction Score
Played baseball with the CFer's dad and uncle in HS. His dad was a year ahead (Jack Sandberg) his uncle in my class. Looks like he's a nice player.

They seem to be on a roll, good luck them.

Reaction Score
As palatine says at UConn we pile up championships like coardwood. But Rutgers has those cable boxes and BC has...what was it that BC had? Maybe something to hold up the rest of the league?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Been following UConn baseball for over 40 yrs - this yrs team has some special players and were doing some nice things earlier on their spring jaunt but went into a midyear blues - started peaking again at the right time. Beating Houston is a big deal
Keep Uncle Mo on your side Huskies and lets make some NCAA noise!!!

Reaction Score
UCONN is the hottest team in college baseball winning 13 of their last 14 games. Great time to get hot! Keep it up!

Reaction Score
Is there a more consistent baseball program in the northeast? I am a casual fan and never hear of anyone else having the success UConn baseball has

Stony Brook has been fairly good the past 16 years (since 2000) with five appearances in the NCAAs and a College World Series appearance in 2012. Obviously, Connecticut plays in a better league and it's on a different level overall (G5 vs midmajor)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

If Queens is considered NE, then St. Johns. 35 appearances in NCAA Tourney, including 8x since 2000.

Reaction Score
Congrats to the baseball team and the athletic department. Never get tired of seeing Huskies bringing home hardware and championships.

At UConn will pile up championships like cordwood.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It was a fun watch yesterday afternoon, and a pretty big deal. We had a houseful of people of various ages from all over, and they all took interest in the game.

Our lefty Kay is a beast. And soon-to-be millionaire.

It's been great to hear UConn referenced frequently in MLB games as a solid source of pros and a quality program.

Hats off to Penders for putting another leg on our championship program stool.

Good read from Dom:

UConn Baseball Team Wins AAC Title, Seals Spot In NCAA Tournament

Reaction Score
It was a fun watch yesterday afternoon, and a pretty big deal. We had a houseful of people of various ages from all over, and they all took interest in the game.

Our lefty Kay is a beast. And soon-to-be millionaire.

It's been great to hear UConn referenced frequently in MLB games as a solid source of pros and a quality program.

Hats off to Penders for putting another leg on our championship program stool.

Good read from Dom:

UConn Baseball Team Wins AAC Title, Seals Spot In NCAA Tournament

It may not be his main job at the Courant and he certainly doesn't get to cover the team full time, but every year Dom Amore puts together a collection of very good articles on the UConn baseball team.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
In the #1 overall's region (Where have we seen this before?)
1 Florida, 4 Bethune-Cookman,3 UConn and 2 Georgia Tech.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A question for those following the team, have they suddenly come up with timely hitting? I see their stats for the year and just quick run through the BA's and key stats shows a solid but not dominate offensive team. Just a couple guys in the low .300's and a lot around the .270-.290 area which isn't awful but unusual for a good college team. Hope they're just finding themselves because even with Kay and Cate they will be running up vs. some big offense.

Good luck to Penders crew, quite a turn around wining 13 of last 14.

Reaction Score
A question for those following the team, have they suddenly come up with timely hitting? I see their stats for the year and just quick run through the BA's and key stats shows a solid but not dominate offensive team. Just a couple guys in the low .300's and a lot around the .270-.290 area which isn't awful but unusual for a good college team.

Getting hot @ right time and contributions from mostly top to bottom.

Compare UConn Stats against the #1 seed team (albeit against better league comp) 2016 Baseball Cumulative Statistics - Florida Gators

UConn and AAC Category Stats

Last edited:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
A question for those following the team, have they suddenly come up with timely hitting? I see their stats for the year and just quick run through the BA's and key stats shows a solid but not dominate offensive team. Just a couple guys in the low .300's and a lot around the .270-.290 area which isn't awful but unusual for a good college team. Hope they're just finding themselves because even with Kay and Cate they will be running up vs. some big offense.

Good luck to Penders crew, quite a turn around wining 13 of last 14.

I won't pretend to have been following the team but when watching the championship game yesterday I believe I heard the announcers say UConn lost 8 games by 1 run. So it's safe to say UConn is probably better than their record indicates. Looking at the scores of their games, I'm going to assume that pitching kept them close in lots of games but that their bats just couldn't get runs in. Seems like their bats are now starting to round into form and their pitching has remained really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom