UConn Will Host Detroit, BU in 2K Sports Classic | The Boneyard

UConn Will Host Detroit, BU in 2K Sports Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, what benefit do teams like BU and Detroit get from these games? it isn't like if they beat us they get to play at MSG. It is possible, though admittedly highly unlikely that 4 teams that get there could all have lost "opening round" games. And it isn't as if these teams can't schedule other good teams on the road, heck maybe even UCONN, BC Indiana and Washington . So other than probably not getting as large a payday, if I'm Detroit why do I want to travel to Storrs to play UConn? heck, they don't even get a 2nd game out of the deal.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, what benefit do teams like BU and Detroit get from these games? it isn't like if they beat us they get to play at MSG. It is possible, though admittedly highly unlikely that 4 teams that get there could all have lost "opening round" games. And it isn't as if these teams can't schedule other good teams on the road, heck maybe even UCONN, BC Indiana and Washington . So other than probably not getting as large a payday, if I'm Detroit why do I want to travel to Storrs to play UConn? heck, they don't even get a 2nd game out of the deal.
Don't these tournaments have a 1 or 2 game exception to the NCAA limit on games? So in other words Detroit and BU play 3 games in this "tournament" but only 2 (I think) count toward their limit.

Tournament Line Up

Reaction Score
Don't these tournaments have a 1 or 2 game exception to the NCAA limit on games? So in other words Detroit and BU play 3 games in this "tournament" but only 2 (I think) count toward their limit.

Tournament Line Up
But I think they each only play 1 game. maybe it doesn't count toward the limit though so they get an extra buy calling it a "tournament" game. But this one isn't like the Paradise one where everyone plays 2 then the winners get to move on. Each of these teams only has 1 game I think.

Reaction Score
But I think they each only play 1 game. maybe it doesn't count toward the limit though so they get an extra buy calling it a "tournament" game. But this one isn't like the Paradise one where everyone plays 2 then the winners get to move on. Each of these teams only has 1 game I think.
Nope, I guess they do get 3 games. There is also a "sub-regional round", though it seems a little bogus to me that they don't at least get a shot to make the "Championship round" at MSG if they beat UCONN/BC/Indiana/washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom