Uconn WBB - something fun while browsing Youtube | The Boneyard

Uconn WBB - something fun while browsing Youtube

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Thanks so much for posting!

Kia is just so suave in front of cameras. She has a real natural talent for speaking so well to an audience behind the lens she never sees. I smile every time I hear her speak =D who wouldnt?

It's pretty clear UCONN has a unique oportunity for its players and the media seeing all the exposure and chances they get to be in front of America's eyes. It's no wonder you see so many former players as leaders wherever they end up, especially the coaches (and there's too many to list) and the ones who have broken thru to ESPN, SNY, and many other outlets.

It's the branches of the UCONN family that just reach out so far and wide it's astounding.

P.S. I think we owe most of this to CD, and the way she grooms the young ladies into superstars and role models.

Reaction Score
Other teams do this stuff too. This kind of public outreach is not unique to UConn.

Reaction Score
This posting is both so touching and speaks to how truly incredible Kia, KLS and so many of the current and former players have become and are. Yes it surely seems that much of this is continually re-enforced by CD. And yes, other programs do much of the same. But the culture developed here combined with the unmatched basketball successes brings it to another level.
Truly loved it!
Thanks so much for posting this!
Bronx23

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller yesterday: " At halftime patients from the Connecticut Children's Medical Center were recognized along with nurse Heather Buck, yes the same Heather Buck who used to play at UConn. The UConn players got to know the patients during visits to the hospital making for an emotional greeting." The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville

Wish we'd seen that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom