UConn WBB - Practices are Harder than Games | The Boneyard

UConn WBB - Practices are Harder than Games

UHF

Reaction Score
When was the last time a current or former player said something along those lines? I remember hearing that during UConn national championship seasons.

Talent advantage has a lot to do with 1,149–150, 11 NC, 14 straight FF, etc. As does coaching, team practices, individual drills, strength and conditioning, game film study, etc.

Has talent parity overcome "practices are harder than games" since 2016? Yes, this season was full of injuries and illness. No, I do not expect UConn to win every game or reach every final four.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
What would give you the idea of "Has talent parity overcome "practices are harder than games" since 2016?"? I have not heard one player or coach that has been a Huskie since 2016 even mention that possibility. I have heard most players say that practice is always harder that games, even this past season.
BTW Welcome to the BY and starting off with this thread topic. :rolleyes:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It's well documented that numerous players have said practices at UConn are harder than games. Geno throws a bunch of stuff at players - 5 v 8, etc. Wondering if this year's practice tone and pace had to be pared down due to all the injuries.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
When was the last time a current or former player said something along those lines? I remember hearing that during UConn national championship seasons.

Talent advantage has a lot to do with 1,149–150, 11 NC, 14 straight FF, etc. As does coaching, team practices, individual drills, strength and conditioning, game film study, etc.

Has talent parity overcome "practices are harder than games" since 2016? Yes, this season was full of injuries and illness. No, I do not expect UConn to win every game or reach every final four.
Other teams don't practice?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As Plebe suggests, UConn is hardly the only WBB team that practices hard. There may have been a time when Geno and his staff maintained a distinct advantage as a result of their thorough and intense practice routine. But throughout WBB, the level of coaching has improved dramatically, and as a result, most of the top teams are thoroughly prepared when they take the court.

Reaction Score
One of the practice guys from this year said on social media that the womens team beat them all the time in practice whereas I remember in Stewies years she said the practice guys beat them all the time in practice. Don’t know if anything can be read into that regarding how the difficulty of practice has changed over the years

Reaction Score
Houston Cougars mbb players all say practices are harder than games, has not translated to anything tho.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1) When was the last time a current or former player said something along those lines? Has talent parity overcome "practices are harder than games" since 2016?
1) It was not that long ago. FF to the 6:15 mark of this video and you will hear Evina specifically address that exact sentiment-adversity in practice preparing you for the games. If you have the time listen to the entire presser and each player address the adversity of the season and the things they had to overcome and the role of practice in overcoming adversity.

2) No! That is really a ridiculous thought that you should have dismissed before posting.

Reaction Score
One of the practice guys from this year said on social media that the womens team beat them all the time in practice whereas I remember in Stewies years she said the practice guys beat them all the time in practice. Don’t know if anything can be read into that regarding how the difficulty of practice has changed over the years
Auriemma's had a few bad recruiting years for practice players. They were a lot better 6-9 years ago. ;)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
When I was a kid we did not get UHF. Now that I am older, I still don't get it. ;) Welcome to the BY. Practice makes perfect, so to speak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom