UConn WBB is at it Again!! | The Boneyard

UConn WBB is at it Again!!

Reaction Score
Shame on the Huskies!! Read the comments if you would like a slice of opinions on today's debacle

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno's presser was a magnificent exposition of why these things happen and he is not going to apologize for it at all. His team will play the same whether it is a highly ranked team or 307. And I loved that he put in the starter minutes plus Z and maybe Meg. Let's not give the usual gas bag women's basketball hacks air space on this board.

Reaction Score
If it wasn't UConn but say...Baylor...beating someone 140-52, most fans on this board would be very critical.
Baylor won a tourney game last year 119-30. No one cared other than how many times Coach Mulkey threw her bedazzled sequin jacket and screamed at the refs. You really are barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just wish they had kept the starters in and seen how many points they could have put up. 200 would have been just fine with me. I wish every team would try as hard as they could to play their very best every time they got on the court instead of getting all wussy about points on a scoreboard. Did anyone see the smiles on the faces of the St. Francis players at the end of the game? I'll bet they were happy to be part of that game. Good for them. They have a more sporting attitude than the jellyfish who worry about points on a scoreboard. Nobody was hurt. Excellence was displayed. Some excitement was had. All in all a good day.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know to which team Raoul pledges his allegiance? He must have a fave, and it must be one of the bigger name brands or top teams in WCBB. Every time UConn does something notable, he's Johnny on the spot with his detraction of it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree that there is a greater disparity between the top and bottom rated teams in the women's bracket than there is in the men's bracket. The question is, what are you going to do about it ?

In reality they could do just like the basketball itself and make the field smaller. This would make early round games more competitive and not go against Title IX.
I will get heat for that comment for sure but one cannot hide the facts.
Having said that I'll use in reality again by saying the heat from the author should not be on Geno but the St. Francis coach. You don't hunt for bear with a fishing pole as he tried to do. ;) Trying to run with UConn and shoot nothing but threes was simply dumb as it comes. IF ( and that's a big if :D ) a small dog wants to stand a chance with a big dog it has to be done with strategy and his was simply terrible.

Reaction Score
I just wish they had kept the starters in and seen how many points they could have put up. 200 would have been just fine with me. I wish every team would try as hard as they could to play their very best every time they got on the court instead of getting all wussy about points on a scoreboard. Did anyone see the smiles on the faces of the St. Francis players at the end of the game? I'll bet they were happy to be part of that game. Good for them. They have a more sporting attitude than the jellyfish who worry about points on a scoreboard. Nobody was hurt. Excellence was displayed. Some excitement was had. All in all a good day.
Geno taking a lot of heat in the social media world for running up the score. But then no matter what Geno does he's gonna get a lot of crap. These types of games bring out the "yeah but he's no John Wooden" or "if he's so great why doesn't he coach men" comments. Geno could cure cancer and everyone would complain that if he is so great why doesn't he cure AIDS?

Reaction Score
This is college D1 basketball. No whining or complaining! If you can't hang don't step on the court. This ain't your kids rec league. Slow news day in sports.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Excellence was displayed.

I'm curious. What excellence was on display when the Christians were mauled by the lions in the Colosseum.

I turned it off after 6 minutes because it was a horrible basketball contest (except there was no contest).

In no way am I blaming UConn.

Reaction Score
I'm curious. What excellence was on display when the Christians were mauled by the lions in the Colosseum.

I turned it off after 6 minutes because it was a horrible basketball contest (except there was no contest).

In no way am I blaming UConn.
As a matter of fact, the Christians showed magnificence. Think about it. And I'm certain their reward was great. A simple denial and they could have been spared. Instead they showed courage and faith.

On St. Patrick's Day, St. Francis showed courage and faith.

Reaction Score
As a matter of fact, the Christians showed magnificence. Think about it. And I'm certain their reward was great. A simple denial and they could have been spared. Instead they showed courage and faith.

On St. Patrick's Day, St. Francis showed courage and faith.

I asked about excellence, not courage, and was using the Colosseum as a simile and not religiously. Oh, never mind.

P.S. I am just as certain, and have just as much proof as you, that any human killed in the Colosseum received no such reward. They and their brain ceased to exist.

Reaction Score
I'm so tired of this "bad for basketball" diatribe by people who don't follow the sport on a regular basis and who do not understand the work ethic of UCONN in practice. They all need to go away - or get better material. It's not even worth discussing any longer because these uninformed, willfully ignorant people just don't get it; nor do they want too.

Reaction Score
I'm so tired of this "bad for basketball" diatribe by people who don't follow the sport on a regular basis and who do not understand the work ethic of UCONN in practice. They all need to go away - or get better material. It's not even worth discussing any longer because these uninformed, willfully ignorant people just don't get it; nor do they want too.
Coach Haigh basically said the same thing. The people that trot out the "bad for basketball" thing are generally not people who follow the game, and that maybe they should go watch a lower scoring game if that's what makes for a good game.

Reaction Score
Coach Haigh basically said the same thing. The people that trot out the "bad for basketball" thing are generally not people who follow the game, and that maybe they should go watch a lower scoring game if that's what makes for a good game.
It is getting so old now. And they only trot out these opinions during the tournament; which is the ONLY time they even take a second to check-in on the women's game.

Reaction Score
I asked about excellence, not courage, and was using the Colosseum as a simile and not religiously. Oh, never mind.

P.S. I am just as certain, and have just as much proof as you, that any human killed in the Colosseum received no such reward. They and their brain ceased to exist.
I'm sorry you feel that way. But, yes, courage is excellent.

Reaction Score
Obviously he is not a person who follows WCBB because the tournament is close to breaking a record for double digit seed 1st round wins.

Reaction Score
Uconn didn’t do anything wrong , Geno limited the minutes and took off the pressure but after almost 2 weeks off he needed to play his core hard .NW is right if it was Baylor winning by a large margin the boneyard would be crusifyibg her and calling her classless

Reaction Score
Uconn didn’t do anything wrong , Geno limited the minutes and took off the pressure but after almost 2 weeks off he needed to play his core hard .NW is right if it was Baylor winning by a large margin the boneyard would be crusifyibg her and calling her classless
This just happened a year ago, so it should be easy for you to back up your assertion.

Reaction Score
Shame on the Huskies!! Read the comments if you would like a slice of opinions on today's debacle.
Sigh.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom