UConn WBB Games Start Times | The Boneyard

UConn WBB Games Start Times

Reaction Score
This past Monday's performance against Marquette had a familiar feel to it, to wit the 8pm start time was later than usual, and after Q1 the team lost intensity and seemed to run out of gas. I recall both the Mississippi State and ND semi-final games beginning after 9pm, and those teams being unable to generate their usual intensity near the end. Is it possible this aspect of the game is taken for granted and going unaddressed?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
They seemed fine. Me not so much.

I like the early bird special start times.

Reaction Score
Nope, these guys are teenagers, except Evina who is 20 (I believe.)
Evina is 22. Anna is turning 21 in a couple of weeks. Nika is turning 20 soon. Paige will be 20 in the fall. Christyn and ONO are both in their 20s. They aren't that young.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Evina is 22. Anna is turning 21 in a couple of weeks. Nika is turning 20 soon. Paige will be 20 in the fall. Christyn and ONO are both in their 20s. They aren't that young.
I apologize. I would have sworn that the announcers for Monday's game said that Evina was the only player over 20 but maybe she said over 21. My hearing isn't very good so that could be the real reason for my mistake. :)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Turning 20, Wow, that is really old for a college freshmen.

It is not uncommon for Europeans to arrive on campus when they’re 19 because of the structure of education in their home country.

As for Paige, she’s an October birthday and most states/schools have hard kindergarten cut offs in either August or September. Kid has to be six or wait until next year...

Nothing that unusual here...

ETA: The one thing that IS slightly unusual is how young Aubrey is. She doesn’t turn 20 until November!

Reaction Score
Respectfully, I gather the prevailing sentiment is that 19 - 22 year olds don't get tired, jet lagged, or run out of gas like other mortals. Here's hoping you are right and my skepticism is misplaced.

Reaction Score
Please extend my offer to change places with any of them. Let's exchange youth and vitality for age and wisdom. +I'm vaxxed.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Please extend my offer to change places with any of them. Let's exchange youth and vitality for age and wisdom. +I'm vaxxed.
Oh if only............:)

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
It is not uncommon for Europeans to arrive on campus when they’re 19 because of the structure of education in their home country.

As for Paige, she’s an October birthday and most states/schools have hard kindergarten cut offs in either August or September. Kid has to be six or wait until next year...

ETA: The one thing that IS slightly unusual is how young Aubrey is. She doesn’t turn 20 until November!
Sveta was 17 when she arrived on campus

Reaction Score

I was17 my freshmen year of college and turned 18 a few months into the first semester. That's why 20 seems old to me. I turned 20 in my junior year.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Sveta was 17 when she arrived on campus

The educational structure is different in every country...

"Svetlana Abrosimova, 17, is a freshman basketball player at UConn. She is 6 feet 1 and plays forward. She comes from St. Petersburg, Russia, and attended Petrogradskoi N86 school, graduating last year after completing the American equivalent of 11th grade."

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The educational structure is different in every country...

"Svetlana Abrosimova, 17, is a freshman basketball player at UConn. She is 6 feet 1 and plays forward. She comes from St. Petersburg, Russia, and attended Petrogradskoi N86 school, graduating last year after completing the American equivalent of 11th grade."

Thanks for the article, Svetlana is my all time favorite Husky!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom