UConn Waterbury Opens New Building | The Boneyard

UConn Waterbury Opens New Building

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/education/hc-uconn-waterbury-campus-0105-20160104-story.html

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, Waterbury Mayor Neil M. O'Leary, and UConn President Susan Herbst will cut the ribbon Tuesday on the newly-renovated Rectory Building in downtown Waterbury.

UConn will rent three floors of the four-story building to use for classrooms and offices at a cost of $3 million over the next 20 years. The university also approved $2.5 million last year to cover the cost of fixtures needed to outfit the building for UConn's use.

The renovation of the historic structure cost just under $9 million, with $6 million provided by the city and the balance covered by a grant from the state Department of Economic Development.

Stephanie Reitz, spokeswoman for UConn, said classes will start in the new building on Jan. 19.

A Starbucks is expected to open on the first floor of the building in late 2016 or early 2017, Reitz said.

The building is located across the street from UConn's Waterbury campus on East Main Street where 800 students are enrolled.

Reaction Score
I miss the old UConn Waterbury campus where I look a lot of summer classes to stay on track with graduating in 4 years (what the heck was I thinking?!) due to my inability to stay away from Natural Light and Jersey Catholic Girls in Storrs. Had a class interrupted one summer night because we all ducked behind our desks while Waterbury PD SWAT team raided a house across the street. No one let anyone walk across the street (Buckingham) to the student parking lot after class at 9 PM by themselves, ever. Ran a few red lights working my way back to I-84 because a pair of more of black tinted, tricked-out Hondas (I had a hand me down Civic Hatchback myself) pulled up next to me and would show-off their hardware on several occasions.

Reaction Score
I miss the old UConn Waterbury campus where I look a lot of summer classes to stay on track with graduating in 4 years (what the heck was I thinking?!) due to my inability to stay away from Natural Light and Jersey Catholic Girls in Storrs. Had a class interrupted one summer night because we all ducked behind our desks while Waterbury PD SWAT team raided a house across the street. No one let anyone walk across the street (Buckingham) to the student parking lot after class at 9 PM by themselves, ever. Ran a few red lights working my way back to I-84 because a pair of more of black tinted, tricked-out Hondas (I had a hand me down Civic Hatchback myself) pulled up next to me and would show-off their hardware on several occasions.

The dirty bury.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Love for the dirty. Im glad to see someone take a little pride in that city. My old man refers to that city as an old pride fighter. Knocked down a 100 times but keeps fightin.

Spent 2 years at the dub myself. Shout out to blumemthal's history class and the flying buttress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom