UConn vs. Wyoming Football series brewing? | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Wyoming Football series brewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Should we be excited about playing Wyoming? Beautiful state and all, but our Indie schedule includes a few teams that are more distant that the AAC teams and not as interesting football wise, which should not be taken as me liking the AAC.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Should we be excited about playing Wyoming? Beautiful state and all, but our Indie schedule includes a few teams that are more distant that the AAC teams and not as interesting football wise, which should not be taken as me liking the AAC.
In 2021, we need Wyoming to come here rather than go there.

We have four games to fill and so far we have just three home games vs five road games. Wyoming was planning to visit Clemson, so a road game was already something on deck for Wyoming.

Reaction Score
I wonder if that means that Clemson will actually help pay Wyoming for a visit to East Hartford.

We have Holy Cross scheduled for 2021 and Central Connecticut scheduled for 2022. The first season with no DII team is 2024. We could probably give either a basketball game or two instead and move Wyoming into that slot.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wonder if that means that Clemson will actually help pay Wyoming for a visit to East Hartford.

We have Holy Cross scheduled for 2021 and Central Connecticut scheduled for 2022. The first season with no DII team is 2024. We could probably give either a basketball game or two instead and move Wyoming into that slot.
I can't tell by this response if you are aware that Wyoming is in the Mountain West and therefore is DI. I don't see basketball coming into play on any discussion with a Mountain West team.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

We have four games to fill and so far we have just three home games vs five road games. Wyoming was planning to visit Clemson, so a road game was already something on deck for Wyoming.
I know why we need to schedule these games. Just my belief that a lot of the schedule is less interesting football wise than the AAC and I disliked the AAC. Our move out was for hoops, and I like that part, but we all know football is the stepchild.

Reaction Score
I know why we need to schedule these games. Just my belief that a lot of the schedule is less interesting football wise than the AAC and I disliked the AAC. Our move out was for hoops, and I like that part, but we all know football is the stepchild.
Really? I know it's all opinion and preference but I'd much rather play Wyoming then 90% of the AAC. It's a state flagship school vs directional Florida, not a state Carolina, or whatever a Tulane is.

Reaction Score
I can't tell by this response if you are aware that Wyoming is in the Mountain West and therefore is DI. I don't see basketball coming into play on any discussion with a Mountain West team.
Thanks, I did think Wyoming was a DII team.

I still wonder if Clemson is going to help financially to make Wyoming whole.

Reaction Score

so you get to face Diaco at home on 9/11. That could be interesting.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Really? I know it's all opinion and preference but I'd much rather play Wyoming then 90% of the AAC. It's a state flagship school vs directional Florida, not a state Carolina, or whatever a Tulane is.
As you say, all opinion and preference. I don’t think being a state flagship school means much for football purposes depending on the program Houston and UCF get some attention that Wyoming just doesn’t.

Reaction Score

I’m much happier with the Indy schedules thus far and would much rather play Wyoming than most AAC schools. Almost always prefer to play other flagship state schools than directionals or city schools.

Reaction Score
Popped into my Hootsuite Dashboard...

Wyoming future schedules...

I'd love to visit Wyoming, just not every other year, once or twice would be fine with me. All these 1 time visits to places we have never been to before would be a ton of fun. Away games to new places is so much fun. Besides that, it would be a little trivial for me as I remember the first bowl game I ever saw on a color tv was Wyoming and LSU in the 1967 Sugar Bowl.

Reaction Score

No, of course not. But it's a MWC school and we have to do what we have to do to fill the schedule up. And, to be fair to the Athletic Dept., scheduling should be easier from 2022 onwards as there was far more time to come up with a schedule than years 1 and 2.

Reaction Score

If that's actually your reasoning -- that not having a direction in front of the name of the state matters, even where basically no one lives in the state -- it's so far beyond logical that I don't know how to respond. No one should prefer doing a home and home with Wyoming to doing one with South Florida or Central Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom