UConn vs. UMD @ Barclay Center - 11/08/2013 Rumor | The Boneyard

UConn vs. UMD @ Barclay Center - 11/08/2013 Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hmmmm, a Friday? Huh?

Sure it's not scheduled for Nov. 9? I guess college football is still in full swing at that time, so Friday maybe sounds probable. ESPN.

Reaction Score
OOC schedule is starting to take form. Big name schools. Maryland, Washington, Texas, and maybe Indiana. Not too bad. Should hopefully help the rankings that the committee looks at for seedlings.

Reaction Score
According to Washington Post... http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...eason-against-connecticut-at-barclays-center/

"The Maryland men’s basketball team will open next season against Connecticut at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., on Nov. 8, according to an individual with knowledge of the negotiations."

"At the time, a person familiar with the situation said the Terps would face a “major-conference” team. Turns out, Maryland will face the Huskies."
Welp, felt that one in the nuts.

Reaction Score
Earlier this month, the arena announced a multi-year deal signed with the Terrapins, but neither Maryland’s upcoming opponent nor the date had been finalized. At the time, a person familiar with the situation said the Terps would face a “major-conference” team. Turns out, Maryland will face the Huskies. Barred from postseason play because of low Academic Progress Rate scores this past season, Connecticut still finished 20-10 (10-8 Big East), including top 50 RPI wins over Syracuse, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Cincinnati. Led by first-year coach Kevin Ollie, the Huskies will, in theory, return every regular from that roster except R.J. Evans, the team’s lone contributing senior.

I really wish reporters could do their jobs. He's either oblivious or else he's a poor writer.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to go, haven't seen a bball game there yet, only boxing. Non conf slate should be really strong next year.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, a Friday? Huh?

Sure it's not scheduled for Nov. 9? I guess college football is still in full swing at that time, so Friday maybe sounds probable. ESPN.

Friday seems to be the new opening day for ESPN's CBB coverage, we opened against MSU on a Friday and UK vs MD @ Barclays followed that game, then there was Carrier Classic with UNC vs MSU the year before.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, a Friday? Huh?

The season has started on a Friday the past three years. I think the NCAA looks at the first or second Friday in November as an ideal opening day. Personally, I like it.

Reaction Score
OOC schedule is starting to take form. Big name schools. Maryland, Washington, Texas, and maybe Indiana. Not too bad. Should hopefully help the rankings that the committee looks at for seedlings.
Also add in BC (I know not a huge name, but still better than Maryland East Shore) and we shouldn't have to worry about our RPI next year. Smart to play another game in NYC next year, in addition to the two games we have at MSG.

Reaction Score
Also add in BC (I know not a huge name, but still better than Maryland East Shore) and we shouldn't have to worry about our RPI next year. Smart to play another game in NYC next year, in addition to the two games we have at MSG.

BC RPI: 111
But non-conference rank? 174. YIKES!

Reaction Score
"At the time, a person familiar with the situation said the Terps would face a “major-conference” team. Turns out, Maryland will face the Huskies."
Welp, felt that one in the nuts.

I thought he was dissing us about our conference at first too but if you reread it he is just saying that the major conference team they are playing is UConn

Reaction Score
I don't like this matchup. I think we should play PC at the Dunk instead. :)

Why? UConn seems to be in position to beat both teams next year. Len is most likely going pro, even if he doesn't. Amida can hopefully negate him.... and UConn holds the lead in all other positions.

In the Gary Williams & Jim Calhoun world, this game would never happen.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why? UConn seems to be in position to beat both teams next year. Len is most likely going pro, even if he doesn't. Amida can hopefully negate him.... and UConn holds the lead in all other positions.

In the Gary Williams & Jim Calhoun world, this game would never happen.
I believe you forgot your sarcasm filter.

Reaction Score
I think he was being sarcastic..

Taking from the "Providence offer" thread.

Reaction Score
Good match up. Both teams can travel to the game. BIG against ?? I guess we will find out our conference name in a few weeks. Good game for our NYC players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom