UConn vs UMass - 12/5 - 7pm | The Boneyard

UConn vs UMass - 12/5 - 7pm

Reaction Score
Goal by payusov

Within 1 minute after,

Another goal by Wight

Now 3-0

Reaction Score
UConn keeps it up early in the 2nd period. Max Kalter goal makes it 4-0 for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Wischow out after 4th goal.

Goal by Ronan!

Now 5-0

Reaction Score
Goal by letunov - 7-0
Goal by Naas - 8-0

Is this the most goals we scored in HE?

Reaction Score
UMass had a goal in there somewhere in the 3rd period. Still, 8-1 UConn is quite a night.

Reaction Score
Huska has been pulled

Frosh from across the pond is in...

Reaction Score
To cap off the rout, Freshman Bradley Stone gets some playing time in goal. First game action for him at UConn.

Reaction Score
Well that was fun - too bad UConn men's BB getting smoked by Syracuse followed...

Reaction Score
HockeyEastOnline.com - Hockey East Game Recaps

2,723. Basketball game didn't help.

Averaging 3,130 thru 6 Hockey East home games.

Our captain has finally racked up his 1st multi-point game of his career
with 2 assists(2 pts) last night.

I'm sorry, why is he the captain again? I know he's a defenseman, but he's a senior and he finally scored more than 1 point in a game?

Austin also a defenseman has a
2-12-14 and Pratt has a 1-6-7.

Not to rip into the kid, but is really that good of a leader when you have other seniors out performing him?
He should be setting the example and not causing penalties and wanting to get into scraps/fights all the time.

Last edited:

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
HockeyEastOnline.com - Hockey East Game Recaps

I'm sorry, why is he the captain again? I know he's a defenseman, but he's a senior and he finally scored more than 1 point in a game?

Austin also a defenseman has a
2-12-14 and Pratt has a 1-6-7.

Huh? Your argument is naïve at best, non-sensical at worst. Have you ever played on an organized sports team?

The captain of a team is not the best player on the team (although it does often work out that way). Point production is irrelevant. It is about who is taking the lead of the guys in the locker room, on the ice, and away from the rink. The captain is supposed to be one of the leaders and a guy who has the respect of his team--it should have nothing to do with skill level or production.

I think of guys like Rod Langway (may be showing my age here). He was a great team leader as a defenseman, but hardly scored any points. He was a captain of many good teams for along time and even went into the hockey hall of fame. But if you went by on-ice point production, he was a nobody.

No offense, but this is just an asinine argument to make. To question the captaincy because of his point production?! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huh? Your argument is naïve at best, non-sensical at worst. Have you ever played on an organized sports team?

The captain of a team is not the best player on the team (although it does often work out that way). Point production is irrelevant. It is about who is taking the lead of the guys in the locker room, on the ice, and away from the rink. The captain is supposed to be one of the leaders and a guy who has the respect of his team--it should have nothing to do with skill level or production.

No offense, but this is just an asinine argument to make. To question the captaincy because of his point production?! :rolleyes:

It's not just about point totals. I read that part of the article and was surprised by it.

I don't know him and don't how he is off the ice, but I've been to a lot of games at home and on the road to see his style of play and his actions on ice.

I don't see him as a leader from a fan perspective. All I see is stupid penalties and "maybe" defending his teammates on ice.

Or is that just bad sportsmanship and bad leadership qualities?

He costs us the game a couple of times with his actions on ice. Penalty @ providence last year comes to mind.

He's been the captain or co-captain the past 2-3 seasons. Sub .500 team and losing in 1st round. Have lost 8 or 9 in a row multiple seasons.

I'm not blaming coach or him, but is it time for a change?

We have bounced back a lil from earlier in the season, but was that because of him? Freshman have gotten starts over him lately. He started all the time previous years and now doesn't start consistently. Has he helped masonius with his play? He is a defenseman and our defense wasnt that good earlier in the year. Recently, giving up 3 goals in 1:18 @ UMass?

We went down 0-3 in the 1st how many times this season?

Call a timeout or get the captain to right the ship!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom