Uconn vs UCF most viewed early round game since 2009 - Women's tournament viewership way up! | The Boneyard

Uconn vs UCF most viewed early round game since 2009 - Women's tournament viewership way up!

Reaction Score
Can you at least wait until there are several pages of comments, so those of us who want to talk about this can and not just bitch about UCF for millionth time?

Reaction Score
The game Monday night between Central Florida and Connecticut on ESPN averaged 1.13 million, making it the most-viewed, early-round women's game since 2009. Sunday's Creighton-Iowa contest on ABC averaged 993,000.

The Creighton-Iowa game turned out to be the best medicine not only for Creighton but the Big East in general.

Reaction Score
What a shame. The most watched game since 2009 and it's a disaster. Both teams shoot under 30%, more turnovers than you can shake a stick at, missed bunnies and more fouls than baskets. If only it could have been one of UCONN's better games of crisp passes, backdoor cuts and inside out basketball. If the women's game wants to really grow games like this have to be eliminated.

Reaction Score
What a shame. The most watched game since 2009 and it's a disaster. Both teams shoot under 30%, more turnovers than you can shake a stick at, missed bunnies and more fouls than baskets. If only it could have been one of UCONN's better games of crisp passes, backdoor cuts and inside out basketball. If the women's game wants to really grow games like this have to be eliminated.
Well, you have to win all kinds of games to win the NC. There is west coast " pretty "
and the old Big East Beast "physical" and " you call you own fouls/street " basketball.
In the old Big East a HOYA or Rutgers team would have eaten UCF alive! Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I agree with her. The sites for the women's tournament, especially the 1st 2 rounds, continue to an embarrassing aspect of the sport we love.

We all understand the reason/s for it.

I don't know why any coach/fan would consider it anything other than unfair.

Reaction Score
The most watched game, probably means they stayed to watch this slugfest till the end.

Reaction Score
The most watched game, probably means they stayed to watch this slugfest till the end.
Probably only if they were die hard UCONN fans or they were die hard UCONN haters hoping UCONN got beat. Otherwise with all the stoppages and ugly basketball the game was unwatchable. And yes I watched the whole game because I'm in the first category.

Reaction Score
I agree with her. The sites for the women's tournament, especially the 1st 2 rounds, continue to an embarrassing aspect of the sport we love.

I honestly don't understand the complaining that having the first two rounds at the higher seed's home court is unfair. I never heard an NFL team whine "It's so unfair to play in Boston just because the Pats had a better record."

Reaction Score
Whether the posters,fans, or naysayers agree or not, it cannot be denied that UCONN Womens's basketball is the best fan draw in the U.S. in Women's college basketball. This is true at the various arenas that UCONN plays at and TV coverage when they are televised. I can only get about 15 or UCONN'S schedule on TV and no matter what time they play, I make sure that I can watch.GO HUSKIES!!! NO.12

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Well, and I’m just spitballing here, because it rewards a successful season?

In my opinion, what’s “embarrassing“ is when the premier women’s college basketball national championship tournament is played in empty gyms. Letting top seeds play their first couple games at home is the easiest, most logical, and most effective way to mitigate that.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Apparently lots of people still want to see Uconn play....

I can’t help but remember the words of a “troll” about 2-3 years ago and said that nobody cared about WCBB. It was funny then, it’s funnier now. The numbers bare that out. HE did care about WCBB and thought that others thought or should think like he did………..wrong!!!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

actually, she was upset that her team was assigned to play uconn again. she felt her team and uconn had played too often. she did not gripe about the locale. she said it favored uconn, but she accepted that it was the way things worked, not unfairly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

UCF gets to climb out of mid-major status and join the big money world of the P5 next season, and she wants to talk about fair? Same goes for the Indiana whiners as their athletic department rakes in $60 million a year in TV money for doing nothing more than existing.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion but, I believe the top 16 seeds deserve to be rewarded for playing them selves into the top 16 by playing their first round games at home.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The crowd was terrific. I remember Stewie's first year the crowd for this game barely made it into the upper sections.

Reaction Score
NCAA womens volleyball tournament also has the same playoff format. Top seeds get to play at home as well up until the final four.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion but, I believe the top 16 seeds deserve to be rewarded for playing them selves into the top 16 by playing their first round games at home.
Men also?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The crowd was terrific. I remember Stewie's first year the crowd for this game barely made it into the upper sections.
Everyone likes a winner!!! Look at how the attendance numbers exploded this year for the LSU WBB program. Kim comes in, immediately changes the culture of that program and they start winning as soon as the flag drops. Local fans like it, embrace it and want to be part of it. Winning travels. It always has.

When my son played at Pacific, I noticed which teams brought the most fans with them to the conference tournament each year. Utah State and New Mexico State always had the largest contingent of fans every year. Coincidently, those two teams along with UNLV were 1-2-3 in league standings every year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Everyone likes a winner!!! Look at how the attendance numbers exploded this year for the LSU WBB program. Kim comes in, immediately changes the culture of that program and they start winning as soon as the flag drops. Local fans like it, embrace it and want to be part of it. Winning travels. It always has.

When my son played at Pacific, I noticed which teams brought the most fans with them to the conference tournament each year. Utah State and New Mexico State always had the largest contingent of fans every year. Coincidently, those two teams along with UNLV were 1-2-3 in league standings every year.
That was the days of "Tark the Shark" and where most of the teams used the run and gun offense and the in your face defense type of games. Sometimes I wished they had stayed together rather than some of the teams leaving and going mostly to either the Mountain West, Western Athletic, or the West Coast Conferences.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom