UConn vs. Tulsa. Badass Awards go to. . . | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Tulsa. Badass Awards go to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Morgan, Saniya, and Katie Lou.

In a 60-point blowout, it's extremely difficult to narrow Badass recognition to only three players since so many contributed to the demolition of Tulsa. (I can hear it already: "We came all the way from Oklahoma for this!")

Morgan earns one award for her fabulous 16-point first half, which had the dual effect of discouraging our visitors and relieving any pressure that our freshmen or others (especially Saniya or Natalie) might have felt. Right from the get-go, Tuck established such total dominance total dominance in the low post that she could score at will.

Saniya started her evening being cared for by Rosemary as her teammates warmed up the basket at the north end of the XL Center. Ms Ragle's TLC worked as her patient dropped 18 points from short, medium, and long range when not being otherwise preoccupied with her roles of directing the UConn offense (20+ per quarter) or participating in the team defense (>10 per quarter).

Katie Lou had been publicly humiliated a week earlier by being required to observe the proceedings from the bench :( (until mid-third quarter) as most of her teammates enjoyed the hospitality of the Cincinnati Bearcats. Instead of moping about dejectedly, she took her frustration out on Tulsa with a vengeance. In addition to playing energetic defense and making several nifty passes, she tossed in four treys, much to the consternation of our visitors. Ms Samuelson's grim resolve to leave the doghouse and get "into the zone" earned her first Badass Award. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yep.

But I can hear Geno saying 'public humiliation? What about the humiliation I suffer when they play lousy and leave people wondering who's coaching these players?' :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Yep.

But I can hear Geno saying 'public humiliation? What about the humiliation I suffer when they play lousy and leave people wondering who's coaching these players?' :)

The likely response to that indignant remark could be: "Serves you right, Geno, after all the abuse you have aimed at game officials over the years!" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom