UConn vs. Temple Badass Award goes to.

I’m not so sure. Obviously the goal is to not give up any layups but Temple hit some deep contested 3s yesterday & even banked one in. Sometimes a team is just hitting. Limiting teams to 1 shot will be more of a factor in March than anything else.
Observations, not stats. The question remains: what options does Geno have to keep his 5 out of serious Foul trouble? That was the jest of the posting--and of course Observations. Temples and others have made more than their fair share of 3's and it was questioned--I see that as two pronged: 1. minimize fouls 2. reduce energy usage to when really needed--to chase shooters around the perimeter takes energy.

I have no issue with Kib’s choice, but for those who, understandably, have lamented the recent absence of the UConn offensive look that we all used to take for granted, that look is finally making a reappearance. One player is more responsible for that happy contingency than any other...the shortest player on the floor!

Just a side comment. Tonya Cardoza is one heck of a coach. Her teams don't have any 5-star recruits, but they always play hard, move the ball on offense and give you everything you want. Some real smart AD in a P-5 conference might just want to consider offering her a HC job.
We had a recent thread about coaches on their way up. Agree that Tonya always seems to coach up mid-level recruits, gets her team to play hard every game, and wins. Seems like a formula a team looking for a top level coach would want. Not sure why she is still there.

Each game with Olivia Nelson Ododa you see significant progress. I maybe biased (helll, yes I am) but I think She is picking up anticipated or ticky tack foul calls. I never knew by Geno's reactions to those ccalls whether he was upset with her or the Refs. I'm impressed with the progress she has made on offense, she will need to score if she is to be useful when the big dance preliminaries begin.
Saw similar Geno reactions when Z first started playing. Slapping down when trying to block a shot seems to drive Geno crazy. Suspect ONO has been coached up on this and its just a habit she is having trouble breaking.

Lou would have brought up on charges if she missed that one :D
My favorite play was a double screen (aka "hook and ladder") early in game. Freed Lou up for wide open 12 footer. Great call when playing teams with big players and you need a bucket. Also love Lou has in recent games been shooting like past, basically taking a set shot on 3's rather than trying to elevate before taking shot.

Saw similar Geno reactions when Z first started playing. Slapping down when trying to block a shot seems to drive Geno crazy. Suspect ONO has been coached up on this and its just a habit she is having trouble breaking.
He was extremely frustrated by her giving up 3-4 offensive rebounds. He seemed to be at his breaking point with her. She ended the game on a good stretch, thankfully. We need ONO to give us a good 10-15 mins in the Elite 8 & beyond.