UConn vs. Temple Badass Award goes to.

Pheesa was a "stat-stuffing" machine today with 30 pts, 14 rbs, 6 ast & 4 bls. HM to Crystal. Nice all around effort against a Temple team that really plays hard.
Temple played hard today, and gave UConn a good run to get them ready for #2 South Carolina (17-5) Monday.
If UConn had been able to shoot against Waco and Louisville like they have the last two games, they would have won those games.

They lost those games because their shots were not falling. They were out of sync like a car with a bad spark plug, and their rhythm was non-existent. If their play over the last two games can carryover to Monday, UConn will be fine. UConn has two things going for them Monday: 1. they're at home. UConn is very hard to beat at home. 2. they're in sync, on a roll, and their shots are falling. That's a hard combination for an opponent to overcome. When you can score in excess of 100 points in consecutive games, all (most) is well!!! ;)

Tip in - Kudos to Mikayla Coombs for getting in the scoring column today.

Here's a post game article by Courant beat writer Kelli Stacy.

Andy Landers and Nell Fortner share their thoughts on Monday's game, take a look.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25949533&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
My favorite play of the game. There is nothing better then seeing every player on the floor handle the ball in a single possession with the ball flying around the court until it finds the best shot, which in this case was a wide open, catch and shoot three from Lou at the top of the key.
Lou would have brought up on charges if she missed that one :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Temple played hard today, and gave UConn a good run to get them ready for Louisville Monday.
If UConn had been able to shoot in Waco and Louisville like they have the last two games, they would have won those games. They lost those games because their shots were not falling, they were out of sync, and their rhythm was non-existent. If their play over the last two games can carryover to Monday, UConn will be fine. When you can score in excess of 100 points in consecutive games, all is well!!!

Heres what Andy Landers had to say about the game Monday.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=25949533&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>
I need to change my Prognosticators thread title, I have us playing South Carolina...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Temple played hard today, and gave UConn a good run to get them ready for Louisville SC Monday.
If UConn had been able to shoot in Waco and Louisville like they have the last two games, they would have won those games. They lost those games because their shots were not falling, they were out of sync, and their rhythm was non-existent. If their play over the last two games can carryover to Monday, UConn will be fine. When you can score in excess of 100 points in consecutive games, all is well!!!

Heres what Andy Landers had to say about the game Monday.

Facing Louisville once is enough. SC. ;)

Correction: UCONN gave up 11 3-pointers today. God blessed them with three more, for a total of 14.
Very true. I don't think I've ever seen a team get so many lucky bounces. The first three to start the game was ridiculous. It bounced so far away from the rim I thought for sure it was going out of bounds, then all of a sudden it came back out of nowhere to go through the hoop - even Meg Culmo and Eric were surprised as I think they had moved on from the shot to assuming UConn would be inbounding the ball.

oldude

bamboo lover
Just a side comment. Tonya Cardoza is one heck of a coach. Her teams don't have any 5-star recruits, but they always play hard, move the ball on offense and give you everything you want. Some real smart AD in a P-5 conference might just want to consider offering her a HC job.

UConn gave up 14 3s today, the most in school history. The old record was 13 set 20 years ago.
And that should be a concern. BUT...UConn had 15 made 3's (15/24) today. An unconscious 62.5%. :eek:
As well as they played, there is always room for improvement. Most of the 3's Temple made were on open looks. UConn gave up some cheap fouls today also. At least two were on 3 point attempts.

I really enjoyed this game. I saw things I was hoping to see. :D Let's all hope that Crystal's ankle feels better come Monday. She's probably going have to "conduct" the orchestra for 40 minutes. No one else on the team can run the point like she does. I expect to hear some beautiful music from the UConn ensemble during this game. :p

[Box Score]

Last edited:
O. Nelson-Ododa... I know she's still developing. She needs to get stronger, post harder and play under control...but my girl went for 10 pts and 6 rebs today! I mean c'mon...she had 4 fouls, but she managed to stay on the floor. :) I like that she is very feisty, and really wants to do well. ONO is my badass today!