UConn vs. St. John's Replay | The Boneyard

UConn vs. St. John's Replay

Reaction Score
A few thoughts on the game:
-UConn defense not very impressive. Gave up drives early when UConn went man to man and open 3's during midpoint of game when UConn in zone. Unlike recent games where competition had open shots but missed, St. John's shooting was impressive until last 10 minutes. Missed many open and close shots. Would not want Top10 team to be this open.
-Geno pointed out the need to get Williams and Walker involved and it paid off at end when both hit clutch 3 points when game very close in 4Q. Williams in particular seems solid in the few cases when she gets a 10-15 footer. Never gets any plays run for her so today this is more by accident than plan.
-UConn does not seem, with exception of Collier, to move to ball for rebounds. St. Johns was not a tall team but unless Collier got rebound, it was no better than 50-50 that anyone else would. Most seem to get position then stand still. Ono one of worst at this.
-Camera did a great job as sub in 4th Q. Moved fluidly around the court. Nothing overly impressive but did what she had to do. UConn extended lead when Camera in game.
-Past two games, seemed to be tactic to force KLS further out - she has been missing 3's when moving and her feet not set. Still a great game - Katy Lou has been unstoppable when she takes advantage of her height advantage and shoots from inside circle.

Reaction Score
Thanks for this, but I'd rather take 20 lashes with my flagellator than go through this epic again. I do not like to watch stories with unhappy endings or even unhappy middles. I have never watched the MissSt or ND games of the last couple of years. If someone (wife alert) wants to torture me, the best way would be to replay one of those. Sand wouldn't be so soft if it weren't a good place for a head.

Reaction Score
Encapsulated version. Big-time 3 by Christyn at 4:10.

I like this version better than the original! UConn only missed one shot, and was 100% from three. St. John's was 0-for-1 from the field for 55 points.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this. For some reason I cannot find this on YouTube with a search, but it has a button to watch on YouTube, which I did. My tv has a YouTube app, but it cannot find these games, perhaps it is because the date is in front, and my search keyboard on the screen does not have ( )'s. I started looking for the game at 11pm, as it was posted on Thursday near that time. Thanks again!!

Reaction Score
Thanks so much for the replay. It’s a bit jittery for me though. Watching on xbox x. Is it my equipment?

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Thank you!! I was only able to watch the highlights after the game. Like all the other games, I love to watch the game as it is being played and the highlights. If you want to watch the highlights, they are on youtube.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks so much for the replay. It’s a bit jittery for me though. Watching on xbox x. Is it my equipment?
The game was jittery in real life for about 35 minutes. ;)

Reaction Score
Many thanks for posting these games. Much appreciated...

I just saw the replay yesterday. It appears to me that UConn has plenty of talent but is young. Both Williams and Walker are experiencing growing pains but are tremendous athletes. ONO and Camara are inching into being contributors. Crystal Dangerfield is learning as Moriah did that she needs to keep her dribble alive when she heads inside. Both the defense and the offense need work.

But the team is improving which makes them a pleasure to watch. St. John’s gave them a good test especially as the Johnnies made twice the number of threes as usual and played defense well. Hopefully the next two games come out as well for UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom