UConn Vs. Saint Joseph's Line | The Boneyard

UConn Vs. Saint Joseph's Line

Reaction Score
The betting line is UConn -14.5 (-110) coming into the game. You guys think we will cover and win by 15 or more?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We were favored by 16.5 last game and covered. Normally I would be all over St. Joe's at this number vs. Uconn - they are traditionally a tough, Philly team with Phil Martelli at the helm. He's gone, and they are now in a complete rebuild. I was reading that they had a hard time finding anyone to play, and their team this year is basically a cobbled together roster of anyone they could find. I had the Huskies last game and they eventually pulled away to cover, but scared me as it was really close at the half. I really don't think you can take St. Joe's here. So to me, the option is Uconn or no bet. I will probably stay away.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Yea we’ll cover. Also FYI during the game we talk in the chat room

Reaction Score
My fiancé went to St. Joes for undergrad - have since converted her back to a UConn fan (and hoops/football Season ticket holders) but she insists on wearing some sort of SJU gear at Gampel tonight - apologies in advance Head bang

Reaction Score
It all depends on if St. Joe's makes there 3's. I read somewhere that they shoot something like 60% of their shots from beyond the arc. Carlton should be able to match his last output. I'm going with UConn 82, St. Joe's 72.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The betting line is UConn -14.5 (-110) coming into the game. You guys think we will cover and win by 15 or more?
I think we will cover and more. Hurley lit a fire under the players butts this week

Reaction Score
Strange - NY Post has not listed UConn odds yet this season.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My fiancé went to St. Joes for undergrad - have since converted her back to a UConn fan (and hoops/football Season ticket holders) but she insists on wearing some sort of SJU gear at Gampel tonight - apologies in advance Head bang
Marital troubles already!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wonder what JC will be wearing and a warm welcoming for Glen Miller - Chief00 is having an early dinner with GM - rumor has it
I'm glad DB the db could arrange this game

Reaction Score
I am predicting a gut check. Tough matchup. Close till late. We win 72-67. CV wills us to the win. Carlton early foul trouble.

Many valuable lessons will be learned and much growth from tonight.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
I am predicting a gut check. Tough matchup. Close till late. We win 72-67. CV wills us to the win. Carlton early foul trouble.

Many valuable lessons will be learned and much growth from tonight.

CV 36 points?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Spread is likely pretty accurate. Margin will be double figures but less than 20.

I predict we will rebound much better. Alterique will look for his shot earlier and more often. Sid and Brendan will be impactful again off the bench. Carlton will shoot a higher percentage and get close to 20-10. Akok will flash a little more offense. CV will get 15+ and 5+ boards. Polley is a complete mystery.

My wish list includes Gaffney not doing his perfect impression of a chair on the defensive end. We need him to be able to play and not turn into an immediate run for the other team.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Holy Heck! I was planning on driving to XL tonight thank god I read this post, I wouldve lost it considering I live 5 minutes from gampel!

Reaction Score
I usually see glasses as half-full and in need of more whatever, but I'll be happy with simply a "W" tonight, St. Joes is mid-size big at every position, if they make their 3-point shots we could be in trouble, we have a lot of rough edges to smooth out, if I were a betting man I'd take the points.

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine is a former St. Joes walk on. Not overly connected anymore but I trust his opinion when I approached him about St. Joes covering the 14.5 spread. He was very adamant about St. Joes not being very good, especially with a new coach and only 9 scholarship players.

Reaction Score
If Gilbert plays anywhere close to what he is capable of, and Polley makes a few shots, we easily cover this and win by 25+. We need to see Gilbert stand out tonight. We won't go anywhere without him.

That being said, I do think we cover but I am not sold on a blow out. Would like to see our elite talents stand out tonight.

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine is a former St. Joes walk on. Not overly connected anymore but I trust his opinion when I approached him about St. Joes covering the 14.5 spread. He was very adamant about St. Joes not being very good, especially with a new coach and only 9 scholarship players.

OMG? Only 9 scholarship players? They don't have a chance.

You know how many scholarship players we have until Bouknight is done with his suspension by the way?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
line moved to 15 on my site...they must be getting only uconn action

not good for uconn bettors...when the public zigs, you gotta ZAG

Reaction Score
It all depends on if St. Joe's makes there 3's. I read somewhere that they shoot something like 60% of their shots from beyond the arc. Carlton should be able to match his last output. I'm going with UConn 82, St. Joe's 72.
If we only win by 10.:......that would not be good

Reaction Score
Guys we should and I expect us to win by 30. The jitters should be out. If we’re going to be an above .500 team this yr we need to win this convincingly. I’m talking walk-one in with 4min to go

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Looking forward to watching UCONN’s offense against a man to man. Is Hurley going to run a productive half court offense? No more passing the ball around the top of the key. Should be a good gauge on the season. Got my popcorn ready..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom