UConn vs. Sacred Heart - What do you want to see? | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Sacred Heart - What do you want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want to see a 20+ point win while holding Sacred Heart to under 65 points - similar to how they've handled the other cupcake games this year. Would be a good way to put the B4A behind them and move towards the Maryland game.

A bounce back game from Gibbs would be nice as well. Will be interesting to see if he ends up with more 2PA than 3PA this game. That's only happened once so far this season - first game against Maine.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I want to see a 20+ point win while holding Sacred Heart to under 65 points - similar to how they've handled the other cupcake games this year. Would be a good way to put the B4A behind them and move towards the Maryland game.

A bounce back game from Gibbs would be nice as well. Will be interesting to see if he ends up with more 2PA than 3PA this game. That's only happened once so far this season - first game against Maine.
Yeah, that about sums it up for me, too.

I was going to add seeing Rodney finish at the rim, but I'm pretty sure we'll see that and it won't mean much, given the competition. Nor will I draw much from seeing a lot of improved front court play, again because it should be expected against this opponent.

But seeing Gibbs back in shooting form will be a good thing irrespective.

Reaction Score
No open 3s, no offensive rebounds conceded, and a more conservative hedging scheme against high pick and rolls.

All of the above were on display in our previous cupcake games, and I was scolded for nitpicking when I pointed it out. All of the above came back to haunt us in the Bahamas.

I'd also love to see Enoch get at least 15 minutes.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Just make your open, easy lay-ups and utilize the full court press 2-3 tonight. That's all.

Reaction Score
More Big Steve alongside Miller. More Adams with Gibbs. Both Steve and Adams playing more minutes with the starting 5 guys and less with Omar, Nolan, & Cassell. Shorten the bench and develop some offensive continuity. Use the game to get ready for Maryland rather getting minutes for the Omar, Cassell, and Nolan.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

I agree and I would also like to see Jalen get more time with the first team (with and without Sterling). I would also like to see Amida get more plays run for him to get him going and his confidence up some.

I wonder if KO is going to shorten the bench or not. I've been getting the feeling that KO might keep up the wholesale substitutions as part of a long-term master plan to try to bring all of the scholarship players along in their development, even at the cost of some early season losses. Will be interesting to see what happens on that front.

Reaction Score
I just want to see a basketball game. I want to take the bad taste of Syracuse and Gonzaga out of my mouth.

I want to see the team can play good defense without fouling.

I want to see three point shooting close to 40%. I want to see foul shooting 70% or above.

That is all.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
discipline on both ends of the floor, even if they are facing an overmatched opponent. I really don't want to see Ollie allow hamilton and gibbs to freelance on defense and call for switches, play defense like the game matters...thats how you develop good habits.

Reaction Score
guarding the 3 point line, and echoing @James sentiments regarding Hamilton and Gibbs on D. I figured since it was overmatched opponents the first 3 games that is why they were so lax in defending the 3 point line, but it carried over for the entire Bahamas trip(Michigan had great looks all game as well). If they clean up the 3 point defense this team will be fine going forward, but Hamilton, Gibbs, and Miller a bit as well are causing major issues on that end.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping to average about 2-3 bph (that's beers per half) with about 2 to 3 shots taken. And I'd like spend a bunch of time on the wings.

Reaction Score
I want to see the intensity they showed on both ends the last 10 minutes of the Zags game. Jalen should play more that's a given, and i want to see more of Facey because i think he's been great in limited minutes, as well as Enoch because just like everyone else i want to see a little more of what we are working with there

Reaction Score
I want to see the emergence of a vocal leader, or floor general. I suspect that could be Gibbs or DHam.

Also want to see an improved performance prepping for Maryland.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No open 3s, no offensive rebounds conceded, and a more conservative hedging scheme against high pick and rolls.

All of the above were on display in our previous cupcake games, and I was scolded for nitpicking when I pointed it out. All of the above came back to haunt us in the Bahamas.

People were drunk with joy from feeding on cupcakes. Forgot it's not a healthy meal.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Lateral quickness and faster rotations/close outs on D. Everything else will come

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Offense: Want Gibbs to find his touch again in time for UMD and hopefully more consistent finishing around the rim from Purvis.

Defense: Intensity

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I want to see Gibbs, Brimah and Purvis stay under control. Brimah can't continue to panic every time he catches the ball in the lane. Gibbs and Purvis need to enter the lane under control and with an idea where they are going with the ball. Purvis especially likes to charge into the lane and then play it by ear. Gibbs has to take his time and finish.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Maybe a camera close up of Johnnie Selvie and how KO has him returning to
Storrs to finish up and do some graduate assistant work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom