UConn vs. Purdue Replay | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Purdue Replay

Reaction Score
Very nice to see. Purdue, clearly, over matched against UConn. Makes one wonder what the rest of the Big 10 is like.

I think Geno needs to change shirts. Too much lasagna showing these days. Oh, well, this could be interpreted as a sign of contentment.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Very nice to see. Purdue, clearly, over matched against UConn. Makes one wonder what the rest of the Big 10 is like.

I think Geno needs to change shirts. Too much lasagna showing these days. Oh, well, this could be interpreted as a sign of contentment.
Ha. I was thinking it as well. I suspect he hasn’t yet subscribed to the low carb diet. Still, he’s not bad off for a dude in his 60s...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Quite a few defensive Geno gems in this game for the real basketball junkies. Starting with about 1:07 left in the first quarter Geno ran a different defensive at Purdue on every possession, including two possession where he changed the defense mid Purdue possession. KLS and Napheesa quarterbacked the defense including making the calls to switch defense. The anchor of the defense though was Kyla Irwin. For those that have ever coached this is the most difficult thing to teach and execute. It really helps when you have a coaches daughter like Kyla to anchor. Watching Kyla call out the defense, communicate, and get the other players in position was a thing of real beauty. Geno didn't just put this in for Purdue. suspect we'll see it again soon.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Quite a few defensive Geno gems in this game for the real basketball junkies. Starting with about 1:07 left in the first quarter Geno ran a different defensive at Purdue on every possession, including two possession where he changed the defense mid Purdue possession. KLS and Napheesa quarterbacked the defense including making the calls to switch defense. The anchor of the defense though was Kyla Irwin. For those that have ever coached this is the most difficult thing to teach and execute. It really helps when you have a coaches daughter like Kyla to anchor. Watching Kyla call out the defense, communicate, and get the other players in position was a thing of real beauty. Geno didn't just put this in for Purdue. suspect we'll see it again soon.
The announcers during the game noted this as well.

Reaction Score
And we should see it again soon. Most team's offensive sets can be screwed up by doing this, even the teams with so-called great coaches if you know who I mean.(Wink). A great way to just disguise and disrupt enough to run time off the shot clock giving less time to attack that vulnerable middle of UConn's defense.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Did not see highlights of Purdue game posted anywhere so I am doing it here

JordyG

Reaction Score
Also when everyone watches the replay please note that Geno is coaching his butt off with this team. As I mentioned during the chat it seemed he did more coaching this game than he did all of last year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Also when everyone watches the replay please note that Geno is coaching his butt off with this team. As I mentioned during the chat it seemed he did more coaching this game than he did all of last year.

Not only Geno, but both Lou and Pheesa are coaching the players on the court.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno was on his feet for most or all of the three games. Jasmine was very involved in at least the Ole Miss game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Check the play at 4:22 of Q1 on the game clock. Phee to Lou to Phee to Lou. Then a bucket.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Geno was on his feet for most or all of the three games. Jasmine was very involved in at least the Ole Miss game.
Watching this team evolve; watching so many players involved in so many aspects of this team and its on court play; watching Geno coach like it's the year 1995; I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this from a UConn team before. It sure is fun to watch. Anyone?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
MJL243 -
Thanks so much for providing these full-game videos. Great service to the fan-base.

1543265325746.png

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Thank you!! Another game that I watched the highlights after the game was over. I really appreciate being able to watch the full game. Purdue got an extra beating, because of the St. John's game the day before. UConn was determined not to have another drag down game. I loved watching Coach Geno coaching on the sidelines, and Lou and Napheesa coaching on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom