UConn vs Pitt 2011 BET | The Boneyard

UConn vs Pitt 2011 BET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When was UConn in the BET? Didn't ESPiN's "Requiem" make it clear that only GTown and Syracuse were in that conference? ;)

Reaction Score
That was a fun game to re-watch. I was struck by how fast that team looked, especially on defense.

Another thing that I can't believe I didn't remember - despite being 9-9 in the Big East, that team was still ranked 19th in the country heading into the BE tournament. Some people would have you think that team was heading for the CBI before their "lucky" 11 game winning streak.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Wally Szczerbiak, who is not a smart man, said in the studio show that UConn was "squarely on the bubble" heading into the BET. No, we weren't.

Reaction Score
Wally Szczerbiak, who is not a smart man, said in the studio show that UConn was "squarely on the bubble" heading into the BET. No, we weren't.
I hate that guy, his whole nba career too. Forgettable

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
That was a fun game to re-watch. I was struck by how fast that team looked, especially on defense.

Another thing that I can't believe I didn't remember - despite being 9-9 in the Big East, that team was still ranked 19th in the country heading into the BE tournament. Some people would have you think that team was heading for the CBI before their "lucky" 11 game winning streak.
Someone on the ESPN coverage said we were not even making the NCAA tournament prior to the 2011 Big East tourney run...

Reaction Score

I heard him say that too and was like "Ah, no way Wally. Not even close".

Weren't we a projected 6 seed heading into the 2011 B.E.T. (ending up as a 3 after winning 5 in 5 days)?

Reaction Score
Someone on the ESPN coverage said we were not even making the NCAA tournament prior to the 2011 Big East tourney run...

All we did prior to the BE tourny was beat #12 Texas, Cincy, and Marquette on the road, #8 Kentucky, #2 Michigan State, and Wichita State on a neutral floor, and #7 Villanova, #9 Georgetown, and Tennessee at home. Not to mention that every one of our losses was to a tournament team.

Not exactly a bubble resume.

Reaction Score
There was a lot of that in 2011. So far this year we are running low profile and I like it that way. All the talk on MSU and higher seeds, good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom