UConn vs Michigan Tech @ GRA | The Boneyard

UConn vs Michigan Tech @ GRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And in typical UConn fashion they give up two goals in the last 45 seconds of a period including one with .5 seconds left and now trail 3-1 after 2. I don't know what it is with this team and the last minute of periods, but you have to play the full 20.

Reaction Score
Another late period collapse. 2 goals in the 30 seconds. The second with .5 seconds remaining.

Hooray!!! Another unwatchable, pad your stats game against Arizona State upcoming on Sunday.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
mac2351 said:
Another late period collapse. 2 goals in the last minute. The second with .5 seconds remaining. Hooray!!! Another unwatchable, pad your stats game against Arizona State upcoming on Sunday.

It'll be streamed online

Reaction Score
Another late period collapse. 2 goals in the last minute. The second with .5 seconds remaining.

Hooray!!! Another unwatchable, pad your stats game against Arizona State upcoming on Sunday.
Unfortunately one they may lose especially since they never seem to play well in the second games of weekend series and will have no motivation.

Reaction Score
2-10 in the second game on back to back nights since beginning of last year. Of course, Sunday's game is not a true back to back.

After Sunday, UConn will probably have 7 wins. 3 coming from Arizona State and 1 from Alabama-Huntsville, ranked 58 out of 60 in the Pairwise. They are playing a more open game than last season but this season is a huge letdown.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Blech
UConnMHOC 9:05pm via TweetDeck
Final from game one of Desert Hockey Classic #IceBus
CYPlFFWWwAAKTOg.png

Reaction Score
Put in tanner creel. He got the win against ASU and should get another chance.
they may not want creel for 2 in a row against same team. Nothing against Nichols, but with not playing Yale and this huge road trip, they should rest him for Maine. UConn needs those wins. Plus, Maine games are back to back so maybe creel getting more playing time would be a good thing.

Reaction Score
Currently have no confidence in this team to go up to Maine and win a game.

This team better start playing better against legitimate teams or they could find themselves at the bottom of the table come the end of February.

Even though their record is terrible, Northeastern has been playing better and is about to go on a second half surge like last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another late period collapse. 2 goals in the 30 seconds. The second with .5 seconds remaining.

Hooray!!! Another unwatchable, pad your stats game against Arizona State upcoming on Sunday.[/QUOTE
Put in tanner creel. He got the win against ASU and should get another chance.
they may not want creel for 2 in a row against same team. Nothing against Nichols, but with not playing Yale and this huge road trip, they should rest him for Maine. UConn needs those wins. Plus, Maine games are back to back so maybe creel getting more playing time would be a good thing.
What is up with the defense late in the periods? I agree they have to rest Nichols on the second game healthy or not healthy the young lad doesn't have the same magic on back to back games. Also the Pratt kid must have something on Cavanaugh because he was on the ice for 6 out 8 goals scored against Uconn last weekend in MN and tonight he was on the the ice for 3 out of the 4 goals?

Reaction Score
This team just needs to sack up. I get they're young but they're a low energy bunch (which should not be the case with a young team), they severely lack any type of pshyical presence on the ice and all too often many of them turn into spectators instead of participators.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's possible to compete day in, day out in the rigors of HE without playing with some sandpaper.

Reaction Score
This team just needs to sack up. I get they're young but they're a low energy bunch (which should not be the case with a young team), they severely lack any type of pshyical presence on the ice and all too often many of them turn into spectators instead of participators.
The Dogg Pound you have a good perspective on the game of pucks. I agree with your observation.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Skill beats sandpaper every time.

Reaction Score
The frustrating thing watching this team play is they have no identity. I wouldn't call them a fast/skill team. I definitely wouldn't call them a physical team or a hard to team to play against. I'm not one to use excuses about being young etc... that was a choice by the coaching staff to bring in those kids and their is no guarantee they are going to coach/develop them to make them any better as the years go on. A good example is last year's freshman Nass,Austin etc... they seem to have regressed dramatically this year. I think the team works hard but something is definitely missing ???

Reaction Score
The frustrating thing watching this team play is they have no identity. I wouldn't call them a fast/skill team. I definitely wouldn't call them a physical team or a hard to team to play against. I'm not one to use excuses about being young etc... that was a choice by the coaching staff to bring in those kids and their is no guarantee they are going to coach/develop them to make them any better as the years go on. A good example is last year's freshman Nass,Austin etc... they seem to have regressed dramatically this year. I think the team works hard but something is definitely missing ???
So since UCONN went from the AHA to the SEC of hockey leagues in HE you are telling us that the roster that couldn't make it into the top of the pack in the AHA was going to even compete in HE talent wise? Please enlighten us with your reasoning...maybe you can do that this 1 time...since you have yet to do it. It boggles my mind how you think that this was going to be a snap your fingers and blink your eyes process. Like I have said to you before...what UCONN did with this hockey upgrade would be akin to Fordham University's football program going from the Patriot League to the SEC. There isn't the same talent level in the AHA that there is in HE...NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Reaction Score
You must have Adult A.D.D. if you are an adult. The problem is not with the current players. UCONN has enough players on their roster to not only compete every night but to win most nights if and only if they had the right coaching staff which for going on 3 years now they obviously don't have. So please don't blame the players. You can use that excuse from now to eternity but it ain't working. Cavanaugh who had 0 years of head coaching experience hired 2 Asst. Coaches who had 0 years of coaching. Yes, 0 years of coaching and 0 years of recruiting experience. I guess you could say between the two current asst coaches they now have a grand total of 2 1/2 years of coaching/recruiting/developing (based on their posted bios) between them both at any level. Whatever techniques/philosophies/motivation tactics/game day strategies they are using is simply not working. It's easy to blame the players but it's a cowardly excuse.

Reaction Score
You must have Adult A.D.D. if you are an adult. The problem is not with the current players. UCONN has enough players on their roster to not only compete every night but to win most nights if and only if they had the right coaching staff which for going on 3 years now they obviously don't have. So please don't blame the players. You can use that excuse from now to eternity but it ain't working. Cavanaugh who had 0 years of head coaching experience hired 2 Asst. Coaches who had 0 years of coaching. Yes, 0 years of coaching and 0 years of recruiting experience. I guess you could say between the two current asst coaches they now have a grand total of 2 1/2 years of coaching/recruiting/developing (based on their posted bios) between them both at any level. Whatever techniques/philosophies/motivation tactics/game day strategies they are using is simply not working. It's easy to blame the players but it's a cowardly excuse.
I am an adult and don't have ADD. You hate Cav and show it wit your each and every post. You also blame the kids...calling them out by name. Oh yeah...Mike Souza didn't have 0 years of recruiting ability...he was lead recruiter at Brown (which by the way is an ECAC school) when Cav hired him. You just outed yourself as a troll/fraud who has ABSOLUTELY no idea about what you are talking about by BADLY missing on that one!! But keep trying there pal...I would heed @Pudge 's advice he gave you in the other thread.

Reaction Score
The word your using "hate" is such an ugly word and it's not in my vocabulary. Am I fan of the way Cavanaugh is directing the UCONN Hockey Program? No I am not. Also Souza is no longer a coach at UCONN if you read my post correctly you will notice I stated the current asst coaches have a total of 2 1/2 years coaching experience between them both. The departure of Souza from the program what I am told has been devastating on all accounts - game day strategies,practices and recruiting.

Reaction Score
The word your using "hate" is such an ugly word and it's not in my vocabulary. Am I fan of the way Cavanaugh is directing the UCONN Hockey Program? No I am not. Also Souza is no longer a coach at UCONN if you read my post correctly you will notice I stated the current asst coaches have a total of 2 1/2 years coaching experience between them both. The departure of Souza from the program what I am told has been devastating on all accounts - game day strategies,practices and recruiting.
Look you can spin it the way you want...YOU @hockeyfan44 said and I quote from your post "Cavanaugh who had 0 years of head coaching experience hired 2 Asst. Coaches who had 0 years of coaching.".... Nice to see you conveniently forget what you post. But then again considering all the anti-Cav venom you spew..maybe it's not.

Reaction Score
I will say, in its current state, the incoming class for next season is weak, probably the worst in the league. It is not good for a team in need of instant impact players.

How much does it have to do with the loss of Souza? Hard to say but it does not look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom