UConn vs. Marshall Prediction, St. Petersburg Bowl Preview (Campus Insider) | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Marshall Prediction, St. Petersburg Bowl Preview (Campus Insider)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't like plucky. Plucky means terrible but enthusiastic. The team is better than plucky.

They have beaten the teams they are supposed to beat, missed opportunities to beat teams they are even with at the moment and took out the league champion that no one else could. And, they are getting better. Plucky is not the term I would use.

Reaction Score
I like scrappy. Plucky. Fiesty. Gritty. Gutty. and of course, spunky.

Are those the seven dwarfs?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like scrappy. Plucky. Fiesty. Gritty. Gutty. and of course, spunky.

Are those the seven dwarfs?
Missing one: "Gassy" He's still p1ssed that Disney wrote him out of the movie.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Missing one: "Gassy" He's still p1ssed that Disney wrote him out of the movie.

He's the one drinking Rolling Rock

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
How could Marshall from the lowly C-USA be a 4.5 point favorite up against UConn for this?? I mean I know they went 9-3, but none of those wins were games that we couldn't have also won with that schedule. Honestly, if Marshall had the AAC scheudle we had to play, they'd never be 9-3.

Reaction Score
Because for large portions of the season, our most reliable and effective method of advancing the football has been the punt.

All things staying level, and if we actually manage to install and practice an offense well enough that can move the chains, put up points, early and often, and I think it will be a very nice win. If not, and our offense struggles to get first downs, never mind points, and it will be another defensive and special teams dogfight.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I don't like plucky. Plucky means terrible but enthusiastic. The team is better than plucky.

They have beaten the teams they are supposed to beat, missed opportunities to beat teams they are even with at the moment and took out the league champion that no one else could. And, they are getting better. Plucky is not the term I would use.

When it comes to our offense, what descriptor would you use?

From the article:

"Storrs was home to one of the worst offenses in the FBS this season. Connecticut normed 17.8 points per game, while the O-line was routinely overmatched. How feeble were the Huskies? They ranked 107th or lower in scoring, yards per play, third-down conversions and sacks and tackles for loss allowed. And life won’t get any simpler against Marshall, with its veteran, attacking D. The Herd presents major worries for the leaky Husky O-line, because DE Gary Thompson and LB Evan McKelvey get out of the blocks very quickly. And forget about an already punchless UConn passing game moving the ball on a Marshall secondary allowing less than 50% of quarterback’s throws to be completed on them."

Reaction Score
jbdphi said:
When it comes to our offense, what descriptor would you use? From the article: "Storrs was home to one of the worst offenses in the FBS this season. Connecticut normed 17.8 points per game, while the O-line was routinely overmatched. How feeble were the Huskies? They ranked 107th or lower in scoring, yards per play, third-down conversions and sacks and tackles for loss allowed. And life won’t get any simpler against Marshall, with its veteran, attacking D. The Herd presents major worries for the leaky Husky O-line, because DE Gary Thompson and LB Evan McKelvey get out of the blocks very quickly. And forget about an already punchless UConn passing game moving the ball on a Marshall secondary allowing less than 50% of quarterback’s throws to be completed on them."

Not sure why they didn't just say we have a very good OL that is obviously poorly coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom