UCONN vs Maine | The Boneyard

UCONN vs Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay back to playing some real hockey this weekend and hopefully we don't schedule Club Teams from the desert in the near future. Having said that I think down the line Arizona State will be a bona-fide hockey program. The timing is right for UCONN to grab nothing less than 4 points this weekend against a bad bad Maine team and here are the reasons why - The Alfond will not be the same because students are still on break coupled with Maines poor performance recently. Secondly Maine simply cannot score goals and thirdly I'm sure they will be over confident playing against UCONN which makes for a Perfect Storm to grab 4 points in the HE standings.

Reaction Score
I agree that this is a great opportunity. I'm hoping the tough UConn team shows up. When they blue collar hockey they are fine. When they think they are an elite scoring machine they have problems.

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment but unfortunately they are not a tough team actually far from it. Nichols will have to make the stops he is suppose to make and then make a few saves that he had no business stopping. Hopefully get a few power play chances and don't take stupid penalties especially late in the periods. Maine is not an offensive juggernaut so UCONN should be in their zone a lot with a lot of shots on net.

Reaction Score
Wow. How did Maine not score? Nichols was awesome. Way too many chances, but some nice blocked shots. They have almost 30 shots on this guy and had 6 blocked shots in 1st period and who knows how many 2nd period. D is gotta step up. Refs have been kind to Maine this game so far.

Let's not waste a great effort by Nichols out there. With him iffy back-to-back, we need these 2 Pts.

Reaction Score
BC/BU is on SNY right now...hopefully they pick up more HE games.

Reaction Score
Never have I seen a team get so dominated and come out with a shut out win. 1-0 Nichols had like 45 saves or something ridiculous. After first period Maine dominated as much as a team can without scoring but to uconn's credit they did not break. Going for sweep tomorrow

Reaction Score
I predicted a "Perfact Storm" win with Nichols making the stops he had to plus making the stops he had no business making but I was way off with how the game would go. We got totally dominated more specifically the UCONN defense got dominated! It should of been 5-1 Maine in the first period with a combination of Maine missing open net shots and Nichols looking confident between the pipes. We will take the W. Hopefully Nichols is taking an ice bath because something tells me he might see 50 shots tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Maine scores shorthanded...1-0 in the 2nd
How many time is Masonius going to cough up the puck on the blue line during the PP when the other team ends up on a breakaway?? This time it might of cost Uconn a win and a sweep.

Reaction Score
How many time is Masonius going to cough up the puck on the blue line during the PP when the other team ends up on a breakaway?? This time it might of cost Uconn a win and a sweep.
Drake just did the samething...except Nichols made the save...the fact it's 1-0 and not 4-0 right now is a win with the way they have played this year...Kalter just got KTFU on a good open ice hit...elbow did come up...but his head was down..Hamilton getting a charge on the hit

Reaction Score
Bit of a cheap shot by Gibson pushing Nichols into the side of the net there...contact I see...BUT the forearm shove was BS

Reaction Score
Hopefully this works out ok...IMHO he got extra time because the officials knew they blew not calling a roughing penalty

Reaction Score
Creel is in...UConn kills a penalty...9:20 to go in the 3rd 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member